Friday, May 7, 2010
712 Southard Street is the kind of property so many would-be buyers want. Now it is priced to sell. The asking price has been reduced to $699,000.
I have been selling houses in Key West since late 1996. Almost every buyer I have met with or corresponded with says the same thing "I want a place that I can eventually retire to. In the meantime, I would like to be able to rent the house and have it help pay for itself." Most potential buyers are realistic enough to realize that most properties will not totally cash flow and make them money. They just don't want the drain to be excessive. The house at 712 Southard Street has been recently updated. The house has 1026 sq ft of living space which includes two bedrooms, two baths, a new kitchen in the sawtooth addition at the rear. The icing on the cake is the absolutely beautiful pool. CLICK HERE for more detailed information and to view photos of this charming home.
The house at 712 Southard Street would make a great monthly vacation rental. You can't beat the location. It is near everything but it is not next door to all the noise and commotion. People that return to Key West year after year know exactly what they want and how much they want to spend. There are many cute little houses in Old Town that get rented year after year by the same people. This property is a listing of Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. (That's where I work.) I have held open houses at this property on several different occasions. Everybody raves about the pool. I think that pool is the chief reason this house would be a smash hit as a vacation rental. The pool exudes what people dream about in a Key West home.
If you are among the people that saw 712 Southard Street before or if you are just starting your search to find the perfect Key West dream house, please consider working with me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, to help you find your new home in Paradise. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West. Our office is the Lower Florida Keys exclusive affiliate of Christie's Great Estates.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 1130 Royal Street - Bank Owned - Old Town -Key Wes...
- 1800 Atlantic Condominium Penthouse Short Sale
- You Just Gotta See 1106 Packer - Key West
- 1014 Elgin Lane - Key West Old Town Charmer !
- 527 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Marina Retreat - 1128 Johnson Street - Key We...
- 1432 Virginia Street - Really Big Short Sale - Key...
- 1120 Packer Street - Key West
- 915 Angela Street - Key West - A Homage to The Tro...
- 1318 Petronia Stree - The Meadows Area - Key West
- 1419 Eliza Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1226 Seminary - Key West - Bank Owned
- The Best Buy in Old Town - Key West !
- 712 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1305 Reynolds Street - Short Sale - Casa Marina Ar...
- Affordable, Adorable, Doable! Southpark Condo - Ke...
- 1012 Southard Street - Old Town Premier Location -...
- April 2010 Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.