Friday, July 16, 2010
The new listing at 1908 Staples Avenue in the Mid Town area of Key West is one of only a few homes constructed of Indian Block. Several other similarly built homes sit on the same block while a couple of very large homes (including the mansion built by George Reynolds at 901 Flagler Avenue). This house was built in 1910 (a hundred years ago).
The listing Realtor describes this 1080 two bedroom one bath home very simply:
"BANK-OWNED. A classic Shot-gun design with parking in front and rear. Ready for your personal touch." This house is priced to sell at $243,540 or $226 per sq ft.
CLICK HERE to checkout the mls listing info and to view listing photos.
The Monroe County building records show that this house has new windows, storm shutters, and air conditioning that were installed in 2007 as part of the airport noise abatement program valued at $23,000. CLICK HERE to view.
There is an alley behind all of the houses on this block. A chain link fence with gate encloses the back yard. I guess you could use it for parking, but it looks large enough for a pool. You be the judge. CLICK HERE.
Houses in this price range tend to sell fairly quickly. If you would like to see this house, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 1420 White Street - Key West - Grand Conch House
- 1125 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- Welcome to Paradise - Old Town - Key West
- 900 White Street - Old Town - Key West
- Stay Out ! or Welcome to Paradise !
- Domestic Tranquility in Key West
- 612 White Street - Old Town - Key West
- 518 Catherine Street - Transient License - Old Tow...
- The House that Would Not Die
- 1003 Casa Marina Court - Key West - Ocean Views
- 1908 Staples Ave - Key West - Bank Owned
- 3334 Riviera Drive - Key West - Bank Owned
- 1124 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Ow...
- 1800 Atlantic Condominium - Bank Owned - Key West ...
- Property Values in the Key West Indies
- I Like Ike ! Key West Waterfront
- Key West Guesthouse - Bank Owned !
- The "Glass House" - Key West
- Happy 4th from Key West
- Old Town Key West - Commercial - Location
- Award Winning Old Town Restoration - 627 Elizabeth...
- Do You Prefer the Smell of Cat Pee or Garlic?
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.