Friday, September 17, 2010
The asking price on 1107 Olivia Street in Old Town Key West was just reduced again. Now this recently renovated eyebrow house with a pool and a City of Key West Transient License is attractively priced to sell at $725,000 or $644 per sq ft. CLICK HERE to see the mls listing data sheet and listing photos.
This property was originally offered for sale at $1,250,000 when it was first listed in May 2009. The asking price has been periodically reduced to the current price point. I think someone may finally make a serious attempt to purchase this property now.
1107 Olivia Street is located one half block east of the Key West Cemetery. CLICK MAP to see location. Duval Street is a five to seven minute stroll. The shops, restaurants, galleries, gyms and assorted local businesses in the Truman and White arts district are just five minuets away. The Historic Key West Seaport can also within an easy walking distance. A full time homeowner or a tourist in town for a few days often measure the convenience of a property by how long it takes to get to a particular destination. Nearness to gyms, restaurants, and bars makes a house with a transient license that much more desirable and marketable.
This house has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom and primary bath are located on the first floor. The second bedroom and bath are on the second floor. The second floor has an unconventional floor plan that is more "loft like". It does not offer traditional privacy that some might require. I'm not being judgmental. But this may be part of the reason this house has not sold. A buyer who requires traditional enclosed space could fix this house without spending too much money in my opinion. But some money will need to be spent. The furnishings are not included in the offering but could be purchased separately. It might be more fun to decorate the place yourself and get exactly what you want anyway.
The pool is small but it is a real pool. There is a great second floor sundeck that provides great views of the immediate area. I think this feature is really neat. I wish I had taken photos of it when I showed the property.
The property does not have off street parking. However, there is an abundance of off street parking nearby. I don't see that parking would be an issue for a full time owner.
If you would like to see 1107 Olivia Street, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. Our office is the Exclusive Lower Florida Keys Affiliate of Christie's Great Estates. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 817 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West
- Beautiful Arts & Crafts Style House - Bank Owned -...
- 210 Golf Club Drive - The Sanctuary - Bank Owned ...
- Calling Lt. Columbo
- 1021 Fleming Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- The Real Housebuys of Key West
- 1107 Olivia Street - Transient Licensed - Old Town...
- 1200 Varela Street - Just Became a Better Compound...
- 1304 Atlantic Drive - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1025 Thompson Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 2020 Fogarty Avenue - Key West - Short Sale
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- 718 Olivia Street - Short Sale - Old Town - Key We...
- Beachside Key West Resort Condominium - Short Sale...
- Affordable Key West Townhome - Short Sale
- August 2010 Real Estate Sales Report - Key West
- Quit Your Job. Move to Key West. Open a Hamburger ...
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.