Thursday, January 6, 2011
Just listed by Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc., (that's where I work) 526 William Street Unit No. 5, a second floor condominium in the beautifully restored and centrally located Delancey Hall building in Old Town Key West. Each unit in this five unit building is unique. Unit No.5 is special. The front door opens into a formal foyer with views of the living room and old fashioned porch beyond. Just to the right is the beautiful master bedroom with its extra large en-suite bath. (See photos below.) A second full bath is located at the far end of the foyer, and it serves as a guest and/or second bath.
The entire back end of the unit is presently combined as open living room, dining area and kitchen. The kitchen has polished granite counters and custom wood cabinets. This area has a vaulted ceiling which makes the entire living area feel extra spacious. Charming details include original Dade County Pine walls, new Brazilian purple-heart hardwood floors throughout and Italian marble bath floors, high ceilings with crown moldings, and a multitude of windows on three sides. The kitchen features cherry wood cabinets with polished granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. A guest room is located at the north end of the living room. It has floor to ceiling doors that partition this area off for use as a bedroom when the need arises. The space expands into the living area at other times. Relax and enjoy the peaceful covered rear deck that overlooks the bricked courtyard and pool below.
This building was one of the very best renovations I have seen in Key West. The quality of the workmanship and the superior interior finishes look as good today as they did ten years ago when the original renovation was completed. The current owner purchased this unit new at that time and has maintained the unit.
Locals and frequent visitors know the value of a good location, and 526 William Street is located in the very heart of the Historic District. The Key West Seaport is three blocks to the north. There are lots of great restaurants and water based activities there. Duval Street is just a five minute walk to the west. The very incredible and very expensive Old Town Bakery is on the corner of Grinnell at Eaton- just a two block walk. Fausto's Food Palace has a great wine selection plus one of the best real butcher markets in Key West. And Fausto's always has fresh sushi. The point is you can get to where you want by foot or bike anywhere in Old Town in about five minutes or less.
I will be hosting an OPEN HOUSE at 526 William Street on Sunday , January 9th from 12:00 to 2:00. Please stop by to see this lovely 835 sq ft two bedroom, two bath condo that is offered at $429,999. CLICK HERE to checkout the Key West mls datasheet and to view more photos.
If you are interested in scheduling a private showing of this unit please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (100)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- Two Homes - Different Views - The Sanctuary - Key ...
- 1518 United Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 4 Pinder Lane - Key West - Life on a Really Slow L...
- Ronny Bailey - Key West Artist
- 1104 Angela Street - Old Town - Key West
- Maine to Key West - January 2011
- 1222-1224 Johnson Street - Key West - Short Sale
- Petite Maison Jaune - Little Yellow House
- Slim Pickings in Key West
- 605 Free School Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Southernmost Point Guest House
- 507 Frances Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1012 James Street - Old Town - Key West
- Porter Court - Key West - Money Maker
- Key West Waterfront Condo - Bank Owned!
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beach Club Condominium
- 405 Olivia Street - Key West - Bank Owned
- 526 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- Home, James
- 1217 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- 631 United Street - Old Town - Key West
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.