Monday, February 21, 2011
President's Walk - Truman Annex - Key West
President's Walk Townhomes located at the Truman Annex in Key West.
Readers may recall that I wrote about a new listing at 233 Southard Street just couple of weeks ago. It is offered at $599,000 or $624 per sq ft. CLICK HERE to read what I wrote then. (I understand there are three active offers on this unit and it may soon be under contract.)
Last week I showed the other two units at 560 Porter Lane (now offered at the just reduced price of $549,000 or $572 per sq ft) and 566 Porter Lane (offered at $639 or at $666 per sq ft).
The three units are pretty much like most of the other units in this small townhome community in size, age, and general configuration. 560 Porter Lane is offered furnished and the other two are willing to 'negotiate' the furnishings. Each one is cute and charming in its own way-just like people. But none are cookie cutters versions of another. Each has a transient rental license which makes it an ideal purchase for a buyer who wants to occasionally rent the unit when the owner is not in Key West enjoying life.
The real estate market in Key West is rapidly contracting. By that I mean the seemingly huge inventory of unsold homes from two years ago has shrunk dramatically. The number of new short sales and bank owned properties has dwindled to a smattering. Whatever you read or watch on TV about Florida home sales still being a buyer's market may be true for 'Florida' (and still is for Monroe County), but it is no longer the case for almost of Key West. CLICK HERE to do your own SEARCH of the active Key West mls database.
If you want to buy a place in Key West please consider working with me, Gary Thomas. I am a buyer's agent. Contact me at 305-766-2642 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West. Don't miss out on the opportunity to buy now before prices start to increase and mortgage rates go up.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (152)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- 321 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- Harbour Place Condo - Key West Waterfront
- 1107 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 712 Elizabeth Street - Hidden Treasure in Old Town...
- President's Walk - Truman Annex - Key West
- Open House - Today - 418 Porter Lane - Key West
- Papa's Hideaway and other things...
- Won't You Be My Neighbor ? 1424 Whalton Street - ...
- 1501 Olivia Street - The Meadows Area - Key West
- Key West - The Cure for VD*
- 1327 White Street - Key West - Open House - Sunday...
- The Love Shack - Key West
- 846 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 212 Angela Street - Old Town - Key West
- Open House - Sunday - 507 Amelia Street - Key West...
- 233 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Bargain Quest in Old Town Key West
- Cool.... in Key West !
- 820 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Stop! Quit Waiting! Bank Owned - Key West
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.