To Kill a Mockingbird.
It's funny how a house can look so scary, so foreboding. Some places make people just cringe when they walk by scary houses. I, on the other hand, get excited about the prospect of fixing up old places to see what they could become if given a second lease on life.
700 Eaton Street with its enormous side yard is now available for sale at the asking price of $1,190,000. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this potentially great Key West property.
I got to see the inside and to walk the grounds of this relic a few weeks ago during Realtor caravan where we look at recent listings. I was just awed by the grounds. I took my time taking photos of the various vignettes scattered across the side lot and rear yard. I marveled at the charm of this place the way it sits. I wished I had a buyer for a place like this. But I knew that way too many potential buyers would refuse to even consider this grand old property just because it sits on Eaton Street-as if that is a crime. Damned fools! - I thought.
The house almost looks like it hasn't been lived in for decades. That's not the case, but it sure looks that way. Not much has been done to the inside. The place is full of Dade County Pine, old glass windows, solid doors with ancient hinges and door knobs that still work. I stood on the second floor front porch and took a photo of the Royal Poisianna Tree. Late this Spring that tree will be ablaze with tiny red flowers. What a view that will be from the porch.
If you are looking to redo a Key West house, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing of 700 Eaton Street. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida. This is worth your time!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- The Gardenia House - 906 Georgia Street - The Mead...
- 550 Porter Lane - Presidents Lane Townhomes - Bank...
- 1004 Packer Street - Short Sale - Key West
- 901 Thomas Street - Old Town - Key West
- 273 Southard Street - Presidents Lane - Truman Ann...
- 1800 Atlantic Condominium Unit A 208 - Bank Owned ...
- With Apolgies to the Beach Boys, I Give You "Damn ...
- Directions You Don't Take
- 1327 White Street - Key West - Open House - Saturd...
- 1121 Watson Street #2 - Key West - Short Sale
- 813 Frances Street - Old Town Charmer - Short Sale...
- 1026 Howe Street - Bahama Village - Key West
- 1012 Southard Street - Premier Old Town Location -...
- Open House - Today - 418 Porter Lane - Truman Anne...
- Best Friends
- Bank Owned - Key West Golf Course
- Key West Waterfront at Affordable Price
- 808 South Street - Southpark Condos - Key West
- Key West with One Regret
- 1311 Newton Street - The Meadows Area - Key West
- 623 Grinnell Street - Old Town Classic Renovation ...
- 920 Pohalski Lane - Short Sale - Key West
- 405 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West: Optimism or Despair?
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.