Tuesday, May 10, 2011
1014 Elgin Lane - Short Sale - Old Town - Key West
1014 Elgin Lane is a really charming two bedroom cottage located in the Old Town section of Key West. Elgin Lane is a one-way lane that runs westerly from White Street and ends at Grinnell Street.
The listing Realtor describes this beauty this way:
"Darling 1 & 1/2 story Key West cottage with small dip pool on quiet Old Town lane near Key West Historic Seaport area. Nicely maintained with charming details including a nice open kitchen/living area with vaulted ceilings and double french doors overlooking cozy backyard setting beneath a canopy of mature trees. Surrounded by a white picket fence with off street parking finished in brick for one car. This is a potential short sale transaction subject to lender approval."
The 960 sq ft cottage is laid out most efficiently. There is a formal entry with the first floor bedroom and bath located at front behind pocket doors. The Dade County Pine walls and crisp clean white trim punctuate each room in the house. The cheerful entry leads to the rear great room which houses the living, dining, and kitchen areas in one large room with French doors that open out onto the small pool in the rear. Upstairs you will find an equally charming second bedroom and a separate bath. The rear yard has a dip pool. The asking price on this short sale property is $675,000. CLICK HERE to see the mls listing details and to view more listing photos. Based on recent sales the asking price is a bit too high. I think a serious buyer would be an aggressive buyer with cash in hand.
I took additional photos of 1014 Elgin Lane which you can see if you CLICK HERE.
The Historic Key West Seaport is located about 5 to 7 minute walk to the north and west. Duval Street is a 7 to 10 minute walk. Strunk Ace Hardware is a block away. (There is a little Tim The Tool Man Taylor in every guy I know.) The Restaurant Store is next door where you can channel your Inner Bobby Flay. Cole'z Peace Bakery is next door to the east where you can buy Artisan (code: expensive homemade) bread that tastes really great. The uber-new Old Town Bakery is one block west. Azur Restaurant is around the corner 1/2 block from Elgin Lane at the corner of Fleming and Grinnell. (They have daily lunch specials that locals love.) Most everyplace in Old Town is within an easy walking distance.
The nice thing about this house is that nothing needs fixed. It is in "move-in" condition. Bring your tooth brush, some fresh shorts and tee shirts, and get ready to live your life your way in Key West.
I think this is a heck of a buy. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Proprieties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- No Bottom-Feeders, Please - Key West
- Open House - 630 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key...
- Back on the Market - 1800 Atlantic Condominium Uni...
- 620 Frances Street - Old Town - Key West
- Second Chance - 1222 Johnson Street - Casa Marina ...
- 920 Pohalski Lane - Short Sale - Key West - Back o...
- Non-Bargain Properties in Key West
- 1126 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- 719 Chapman Lane - Bank Owned - Key West
- 829 Simonton Street - Old Town - Key West - Histor...
- 2026 Seidenberg - Mid-Century Classic in Mid-Town ...
- 1216 Catherine Street - Short Sale - Key West
- 1014 Elgin Lane - Short Sale - Old Town - Key West...
- 1800 Atlantic Penthouse Condo - Key West Waterfron...
- Key West Tongue Twister: Sunrise at Seaside Short ...
- Secret Hideout Found in Key West!
- The Good Life - Casa Marina Area at Its Best
- Bank Owned - Key West - Waterfront - Affordable Fa...
- 408 Porter Court - Key West - Money Maker
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.