Friday, June 17, 2011
Bank Owned - Old Town - Key West
The Bank Owned single family house at 719 Chapman Lane in the Bahama Village area of Old Town Key West was is now offered at $486,000 or $231 per sq ft.
The house at 719 Chapman Lane was built new (not renovated) in 1999. The same house was listed for sale in 2005 at $1,200,000 and later $1,099,000 in 2006. It did not sell. It has 2108 sq ft of living space on three floors. It sits on a 27' x 98' (2646 sq ft) lot. See the diagram and photo below that show the house layout and how it it looked in 2006.
There are double sets of French doors at the end of the living room which open onto a large rear porch that overlooks a large and barren back yard that is just ready for the addition of a swimming pool.
There are four bedrooms and four and 0ne-half baths in this house. The master bedroom is located on the second floor at the rear. French doors open from the master bedroom out onto the second floor rear balcony.
A second bedroom is located at the front of the house on the second floor. It has its own en suite bath. There are two more bedrooms on the third floor each o f which has a bath.
The City of Key West is nearing final approval on the redevelopment of the Truman Annex marina and park. It is located just a couple of blocks further west of Chapman Lane. Angela Street (on the corner to the north) is supposed to provide a walking lane type entrance into that area. When the redevelopment is completed, I believe that property values in the immediate area will increase dramatically.
In the meantime if you owned the house at 719 Chapman Lane you could walk a little over one block to have breakfast at La Creperie or dinner at Blue Heaven or maybe do tapas at Santiago's La Bodega. You could ride your bike over to Ft Zach Taylor beach and work on that Key West tan. Or you could do any manner of things people in Key West do every day. This block is populated mostly by full time homeowners but there are a few second homes located here as well. After the Truman Annex marina and city park is completed I expect there will be a shift between full time and second home ownership in the immediate area.
If you are looking for a newer home in Key West and want the convenience of being located near major Key West attractions but don't want to pay the high cost of ownership by being located on the supposed best street, you should really take a serious look at 719 Chapman Lane. A similar house on a more sought after block in Old Town will cost about $500,000 more. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule your visit. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- 1501 Pine Street - Bank Owned - Key West - Bargain...
- 830 Simonton Street - Old Town - Key West - Arts &...
- 604 Grinnell Street - Short Sale - Old Town - Key ...
- Key West - Short Sale - Private Pool - Bargain Pri...
- 1001 United Street - Key West
- So You Want to Buy a Guest House in Key West
- 516 Catherine Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1319 Newton Street - Old Town - Key West
- Just Listed - 816 South Street #404 - Key West
- 1421 Eliza Street - Short Sale - Key West
- "I Hope Your are Not French!"
- 507 Frances Street - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Old Town - Key West
- Great Expectations - Great Frustrations - Short Sa...
- 419 Simonton Street - Old Town - Key West
- Buy Curious?
- Just Listed -1517 Washington Street - Casa Marina ...
- 820 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Price Reduction
- The Worm has Turned
- Price Reduction - Harbour Place Condominium - Key ...
- 901 Thomas Street - Old Town - Key West
- The Rose Tattoo House - Key West
- 1433 Reynolds Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West...
- Care for a Double Dip?
- 1203-1205 Von Phister - Casa Marina - Key West
- Commercial Building - Waterfront View - Bank Owned...
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.