Monday, July 11, 2011
Pied-à-Terre por Vous? - Bank Owned - Key West
The term "Pied-à-terre" comes to mind when you first see 526 William Street Unit #3. What you don't expect is to read the words "Bank Owned" immediately thereafter. When you do, read on. This sharp 2 bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath two story unit is located on the second and third floors of the chic Delancey Hall Condominium. The living room and kitchen share the second floor space with a half bath. An interior stairway leads to the third floor bedrooms and bath. The front second floor balcony is shared with the unit across the hall. Other units in the building have their own private outdoor spaces.
There are only five units in this building that was very tastefully renovated in 2001. The facade just oozes class. Architecturally speaking, I think this building is one of the most handsome in all of Old Town. It just looks important. The side gate provides entry to the shared pool and bricked courtyard area at he rear. There is no off street parking. Since most of the surrounding properties are single family homes, street parking is not an issue.
Unit #3 is now BANK OWNED and offered for sale at $315,000. It is located on the north side second floor front of the building. I co-listed this unit in 2004-2005. I held several open houses at this property. Everybody loved it and the location. The only issue raised was the height of the bathroom ceiling. It is tucked into the roof and a tall person (someone over 6') will have to bend the neck to the side while taking a shower. Tall people tell me they often have to bend to fit in many places. Other than that the two bedrooms and bath are comfortably sized. This unit would make an excellent getaway place or one could live here full time.
Delancey Hall is one of the very best renovations I have seen in Key West. The quality of the workmanship and the superior interior finishes look as good today as they did ten years ago when the original renovation was completed. Buyers that work with me know that I am quick to point out shoddy construction and poor workmanship. Nobody should pay good money for unprofessional construction. Each Delancey Hall unit was built to high quality standards.
The Monroe County Property Appraiser shows this unit as having 955 sq ft of living space. The listing agent varies and relies on an appraisal that shows 657 sq ft. All previous listings (including the original developer's agent) showed the unit as having 955 sq ft.
This unit ought to sell this week. Seriously. This is a great building and this unit has all of the features second home (and many primary) homeowners want. You cannot beat the location; the building is both solid and beautiful; the price is affordable.
If you would like to see this unit or get more information, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or by email at email@example.com. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West. Do not wait until it is too late!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- Very Affordable Key West Condo - Bank Owned
- Key West and The Hundred Dollar House...
- Easy Living in the Casa Marina Area
- Artist's Retreat - 809 Virginia Street - Key West...
- 1301 Whitehead Street - Key West - Papa's "Other" ...
- 1017 17th Street - Key West - Bank Owned
- 1517 Washington - east Casa Marina Area - Key West...
- Enchanting 1325 South Street - Casa Marina Area - ...
- 1320 Angela Street - Meadows Area Duplex - Short S...
- The Projects of Key West
- 820 Terry Lane - Key West - Bank Owned
- If You Build It, They Will Come!
- 912 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pied-à-Terre por Vous? - Bank Owned - Key West
- Key West Beach Club - Sunrise to Sunset Waterfront...
- 1217 Newton Street - Key West
- 1012 Southard Street - Premier Old Town Location -...
- 518 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Short Sale
- On the Waterfront - Key West
- Happy 4th of July!
- Life on Poorhouse Lane - It Ain't a Bitch!
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.