$499,000. I expect it will sell within a matter of a few of days.
1006 Southard Street is a charming renovated cottage in the historic district. The cottage is secluded at the rear of a shady bricked walkway. There is a bedroom and bath downstairs and the master bedroom with en-suite bath is upstairs. French doors open from the bedroom, living room, and spacious vaulted kitchen to a decked swimming pool. This cottage home has lots of Dade County Pine and historic details, yet it has been modernized with a new roof, well-appointed kitchen and pretty baths.
The house is 1188 sq ft and sits on a 2833 sq ft lot. The house sits to the rear, not the front, of Southard Street. So you cannot see the house from the street. That adds additional privacy for the homeowner. You are a five minute walk to Duval Street or the Historic Key West Seaport. And you are a two minute walk to Five Brothers Grocery and Sandwich Shop where you can get your morning con leche or a great Cuban mix, Michael's Restaurant where you can get your steak fix fixed, or Mangia-Mangia Restaurant to get your pasta fazooled. I'm a big fan of Five Brothers inexpensive fare, Michael's very expensive steaks, but I'll pass on Mangia Mangia. But that's me. Lots and lots of people like Mangia Mangia.
CLICK HERE for details on this little charmer and more photos as well. Note the Dade County interiors, the open and eclectic feel that this house exudes, and the utter charm of the pool and garden. You won't be spending all of your vacation time tending to fixing things and working on the yard. There is something to be said and cherished about minimalism.
Season is just around the corner. If you are looking to buy a place in Key West where you can nurse your suntan in the winter, this cool Key West cottage may be just what you are looking for. If you want to see it, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. It's not my listing, but I'll be glad to show you this place and others in the Old Town area so that you can see for yourself why I think this place will sell quickly at the new, lower asking price. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- Bank Owned - Old Town - Key West
- Misconception - Key West Real Estate
- On the Waterfront - 11 McCoy Circle, Key West - Sh...
- Bank Owned Unit - Key West by the Sea
- 507 Frances Street - Short Sale - Old Town - Key W...
- 2800 Flagler Avenue - Development Parcel - Short S...
- 3015 Riviera Drive - Bank Owned - Key West
- 117 Golf Club Drive - Key West Golf Course - Short...
- 1015 Angela Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1025 Elgin Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West - Life in the Slow Lane
- 1110 Curry Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 319 Grinnell Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 920 Terry Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 213 Truman Avenue #C- Old Town - Key West
- 905 White Street #1 - Transient Licensed Condo - S...
- Labor Day Open House - 630 Elizabeth Street - Old ...
- 1006 Southard Street - Big Price Reduction - Old T...
- You Could've Done That - But You Didn't!
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.