Saturday, October 8, 2011
42 Kingfisher Lane - Bank Owned - Key West Golf Club
I think the Bank Owned unit at 42 King Fisher Lane in the Key West Golf Club Community has got to be the best bargain out there at this time. I have enthusiastically showed this unit a few times. It has a good layout; it is in good condition; it has a very nice view overlooking the golf course; and it is priced to sell. The asking price is only $189,000. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and listing photos.
I did a quick comparison between this 780 sq ft unit which is priced at $243 per sq ft to the three other same sized units active listed units that are offered at $422 per sq ft, $449 per sq ft, and $301 per sq ft (this unit is a short sale). The average asking price per sq ft is $371. Value buyers ought to look at all four same to determine the best value as it relates to their specific needs. But I think most buyers will agree that on a per sq ft basis, 42 Kingfisher Lane is the winner on a cost basis. I did a quick check to see if there were any other similarly sized townhomes available elsewhere in Key West so that I could compare to 42 Kingfisher Lane. There is only one lower priced townhome that is located at Key Cove CLICK HERE. That is deed restricted and requires mandatory residence in Monroe County for at least one year prior to purchase and sales restriction when that unit is sold. The 42 Kingfisher Lane is not impaired by those buying or selling restrictions.
CLICK HERE to view a slide show of photos I took of this property. 42 Kingfisher Lane needs a fresh paint job, and the stairway and bedroom carpet needs replaced. Other than that, the place looks pretty much ready to move into. You could relocate the laundry to the second floor and add a half bath downstairs for about $2500 or so. Get a plumber and contractor to verify the costs.
If you are looking for an affordable starter home in Key West, you might just want to take a look at this property with me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- 215 Golf Club Drive - Bank Owned - Key West Golf C...
- Bank Owned Conch Cottage - 215 Truman Ave. - Key...
- Lady in Waiting - 410 Simonton Street - Old Town -...
- 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- Get Fit in Key West - No dorks Allowed
- 405 South Street - Ocean View Property - Key West
- 31 Blue Water Drive - Near Key West
- 627 Elizabeth Street - OldTown - Key West
- 617 Fleming Street #4 - Old Town - Key West
- 205 Golf Club Drive - Bank Owned - The Sanctuary -...
- 616 Caroline Street - Key West - Wow! What an Oppo...
- Old Town - Key West - Hidden Treasure
- Key West - Short Sale - Private Pool - Bargain Pri...
- 42 Kingfisher Lane - Bank Owned - Key West Golf Cl...
- 405 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 3720 Northside Drive - Short Sale - Key West
- 1125 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.