Sunday, October 30, 2011
Bank Owned Conch Cottage - 215 Truman Ave. - Key West
There is a newly listedBank Owned Conch Cottage at 215 Truman Avenue that bargain buyers may want to consider. This place is cottage because it is on the small side - just 556 sq ft. It is a simple structure with one bedroom, a private bath, a large living and kitchen area that share the rest of the interior living space. The cathedral ceiling transforms the living and kitchen area into a comfortable and spacious place to live and entertain. The cottage has a good sized bedroom on the main floor with a door that opens to the original front porch of the house. The new main entrance to this cottage is off the ample side deck. A ship ladder provides access to the second level loft which provides a good sized area for a mattress for the occasional sleepover guest. Getting up and down works well for little kids but adults would be better off staying in a nearby hotel. The bath is spacious and there is a washer and dryer closet so your other half won't have to go to the laundromat.
The original Conch cottage was built circa 1923 and was thoroughly renovated in 2006. New piers and much of the super structure appears to have been rebuilt. All windows and doors were replaced as was electric, plumbing, and new HVAC added. The house has a new metal roof and storm panels are in place which will reduce windstorm insurance for the new owner.
This Bank Owned Conch Cottage is offered for sale at just $225,000 or $405 per sq ft. The cottage is one of four in the Truman Condominiums. Each unit is owned in fee simple. The condo association exists to maintain the common sidewalk that provides access to the four units that share this limited space. Each owner pays for the maintenance and insurance of their respective homes.
This little place ought to appeal to that special buyer who wants an inexpensive getaway place close to all of the things that happen on or around Duval Street. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property. And CLICK HERE to view a slide show of photos I took of this property.
If you would like to see 215 Truman Avenue or any other property in Key West, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- 215 Golf Club Drive - Bank Owned - Key West Golf C...
- Bank Owned Conch Cottage - 215 Truman Ave. - Key...
- Lady in Waiting - 410 Simonton Street - Old Town -...
- 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- Get Fit in Key West - No dorks Allowed
- 405 South Street - Ocean View Property - Key West
- 31 Blue Water Drive - Near Key West
- 627 Elizabeth Street - OldTown - Key West
- 617 Fleming Street #4 - Old Town - Key West
- 205 Golf Club Drive - Bank Owned - The Sanctuary -...
- 616 Caroline Street - Key West - Wow! What an Oppo...
- Old Town - Key West - Hidden Treasure
- Key West - Short Sale - Private Pool - Bargain Pri...
- 42 Kingfisher Lane - Bank Owned - Key West Golf Cl...
- 405 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 3720 Northside Drive - Short Sale - Key West
- 1125 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.