Sunday, October 9, 2011
Key West - Short Sale - Private Pool - Bargain Price
If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive Key West getaway with its own private pool and a convenient location near the beaches and Old Town night life, you just might want to take a look at the condo at 419 United Street #2. The unit is one of four in the four unit building that was converted to condos in 2005. This unit is located on the ground floor at the rear. Access is from the rear just off the private pool.
This unit has two bedrooms and one bath in 660 sq ft of living space. That is about the equivalent to many condo units at Shipyard Condos. The difference is, this condo is located in an old Conch House that has been converted into condos. Instead of over 100 units that share the common pool, the owner of this unit is the only owner that uses the pool. Oh, and the price of this unit is significantly lower than any unit at Shipyard. (On October 9, 2011 there are 3 Shipyard units with 680 sq ft for sale with an average price per sq ft of $635 compared to $452 for 419 United Street.) This unit does not have off street parking as do units at Shipyard.
The owner of unit #2 owns the ground at the rear of the building and obtained approval form the other condo owners and then permission from the City of Key West to construct the pool. The pool has its own water meter and electric and the condo owner is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the pool.
This property is offered as a short sale at the asking price of $299,000. Condo fees are $515 per months and include building insurance, building maintenance, water, sewer, and trash removal. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and listing photos.
419 United Street is located two blocks from South Beach and just a few blocks from Ft. Zach Taylor Beach and State Park. It is 1/2 block to Duval Street where nearby you will find the hip French bistro, Banana Cafe, and numerous coffee and tea houses. LaTeDa and 915 are nearby as are dozens of other places to eat and drink in all price ranges. The Green Parrot is just a couple of blocks to the north on Whitehead Street.
If you would like to see 419 United Street #2 please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West. This place is worthy of your consideration.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- 215 Golf Club Drive - Bank Owned - Key West Golf C...
- Bank Owned Conch Cottage - 215 Truman Ave. - Key...
- Lady in Waiting - 410 Simonton Street - Old Town -...
- 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- Get Fit in Key West - No dorks Allowed
- 405 South Street - Ocean View Property - Key West
- 31 Blue Water Drive - Near Key West
- 627 Elizabeth Street - OldTown - Key West
- 617 Fleming Street #4 - Old Town - Key West
- 205 Golf Club Drive - Bank Owned - The Sanctuary -...
- 616 Caroline Street - Key West - Wow! What an Oppo...
- Old Town - Key West - Hidden Treasure
- Key West - Short Sale - Private Pool - Bargain Pri...
- 42 Kingfisher Lane - Bank Owned - Key West Golf Cl...
- 405 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 3720 Northside Drive - Short Sale - Key West
- 1125 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key We...
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.