Monday, December 26, 2011
1021 Johnson Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West
1021 Johnson Street is located on one of the best blocks in Key West, just a one block walk to the Casa Marina Resort and the Atlantic Ocean is only to blocks to the south. I found an old aerial photo taken of the area in 1970 that shows the edge of 1021 Johnson Street. You will note that the house is located just a couple of blocks north of the great Atlantic Ocean and Higg's Beach. The Casa Marina Resort is just a block to the west.
The house was originally constructed in 1958, but it has been updated several times over succeeding years. It received the 2006 Historic Restoration Award. For those readers who were born sometime around 1958 I am sure you are delighted to know that people of your era are now deemed "historic".
1021 Johnson is a big ranch house set back from the street and surrounded by a large privacy fence. The house has lots of room for either a local family or for a second home buyer who wants a lot of space for family and guests.
The living areas have large open spaces with terrazzo floors and flying ceilings. The master suite is located at the east rear of the house. That space is extra large. It has immediate access to the pool. There is a nice sized second bedroom at the east front which has its own bath. The house has rare double garage on the west side plus two large guest bedrooms above. The pool is sunny and inviting - a must for you sun worshipers. The covered lanai offers respite from the sun. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property which is offered at $1,995,000.
I was driving some potential buyers through the Casa Marina area last week and took them past Louie's Backyard and Salute Restaurant on the beach. Louie's is high-end and expensive. Salute is cheap. Both serve good food and both are located about five to seven minutes away by foot from 1021 Johnson. Several gyms and yoga studios are located about six blocks away. Good food and a place to work off the fat nearby. What a winning combination.
Please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, if you would like to see this home or any other property in Key West. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (144)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- Town Fools, Village Idiots, and Male Activists
- That Was The Year That was in Key West Real Estate...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- 1021 Johnson Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- Merry Christmas
- 813 Eaton Street (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Home Buy Chirstmas #10 - Old Town Key West
- 804 South Street - Home Buy Christmas #9 - Key Wes...
- 1025 Thompson Lane - Home Buy Christmas #8 - Key W...
- Key West Short Sale - Prime Location -1012 Southar...
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Open House - Sunday - Key...
- Home Buy Christmas #7 - Historic Seaport Area - Ke...
- Home Buy Christmas #6 - Old Town - Key West
- Home Buy Christmas # 5 - Old Town Key West
- Home Buy Christmas #4 - 626 Grinnell Street - Key ...
- Home Buy Christmas #3 - 1110 Curry Lane - Key West...
- Home Buy Christmas #2 - Key West
- 283 Golf Club Drive - Key West
- Key West Beachside Resort - Unit No. 432 - Bank Ow...
- Home Buy Chirstmas
- 1106 Pearl Street - Key West
- 846 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- A Dream Come True - 920 Cornish Lane - Old Town - ...
- Fire Sales in Key West?
- ▼ December (24)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.