Monday, January 16, 2012
629 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
Just listed, but not by me, 629 Elizabeth Street in Old Town Key West. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property. This 819 Sq Ft cottage style house was built in 1900. I dug into the old shoebox and found a black & White photo taken in 1965. The house looks pretty much the same in 2012. The wood fence has been replaced by galvanized chain link, and cross street has been changed from Angela Street to Windsor Lane. The asking price is $425,000.
The house sits near the very top of Solares Hill, so flood insurance will not be required. If you have been looking for a real 'fixer' in a good location with room for a pool and parking, this may be the answer to your Key West real estate dreams. This place will likely need it all and by that I mean new electric (to operate all the TVs and electric equipment we use today, new plumbing, replaced or restored windows, new doors, new roof, new shutters, new bathrooms, a new kitchen, and add a pool and decking. I would throw in a new white picket fence to enclose the corner lot, and brick the driveway.
I can tell you right away the buyer who will not get this house: someone who dilly dallies and hems and haws and prices things out to the last decimal.
The buyer who will get this will make a somewhat emotional decision to buy based on the utter charm of the facade and the knowledge that this property has a sought after location.
Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida. Don't wait.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- 760 Washington Street - Casa Marina Estate Propert...
- 714 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 904 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key Wes...
- 6 Havana Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 718 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1026 Howe Street - Key West
- 1109 Windsor Lane - Key West - Short Sale
- 709 A Windsor Lane - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Fleming Street - Short Sale - Prime Old Town L...
- 611 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2114 Staples Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1322 Thompson Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West...
- 629 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Open House Sunday - Key W...
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned Great House at The Sanctuary - Key West...
- 918 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2 Hunts Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Real Estate 2011 Year End Assessment
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1106 Pearl Street - Key West Duplex
- 715 Frances Street - Classic Three Bay Eyebrow Hou...
- 1408 White Street - Key West
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.