Short Sale listing (this is not my listing) at 809 Fleming Street will surely get a lot of attention because of the prime Old Town Key West location. It has a lot of Rah! Rah! Rah! factor. The house was built in 1906 as a single family residence. The property is currently a legal two story duplex. Upstairs is a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom - 699 sq ft unit with a balcony overlooking the 800 block of Fleming Street that rents for $2,000 per month. Downstairs is 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom - 1074 sq ft with a terrace that also overlooks Fleming Street. this apartment rents for $2400 per month. The property has off street parking. The asking price is $799,000 or $450 per sq ft.
Everybody knows the value of location. This place has location, location, and location. As an investment property, this duplex has the appeal of being well located with enough bedrooms and living spaces plus the front balconies to attract long term renters with ease. A lot of local singles live in roommate situations where rent is divided based on the number of bedrooms or space shared. This location is great for locals who do not have a car because most of Old Town is within an easy walking or biking distance to most jobs and most of the nightlife. Duval Street is three blocks west, the Historic Key West Seaport is two blocks north, and just about any place important is within a five to ten minute walk. Keeping this property occupied will never be a problem.
A prospective buyer might decide to upgrade the property and perhaps add a pool where the parking presently exists. It has Dade County Pine on the inside and classic Key West charm on the outside. The location might make this property an excellent renovation project for the buyer who wants to create a small island oasis that he or she could rent as a vacation rental to help defray the cost of ownership. Or a new owner could simply continue to collect the rent on one unit and live in the other. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property.
This property is located on guest house row. Several of the larger gay guest houses in Key West are located on this particular block including Oasis, Coconut Grove, Equator, and Coral Tree Inn. Curry House is an all welcome guest house that is located across the street. A couple of small commercial businesses including an art gallery are located on this block as well. There are a couple of single family homes on the block, and the remaining properties are apartments or condos. I am not sure that conversion to a single family home makes the most sense for this property on this block.
CLICK HERE to view a slide show of photos I took of this property. Better yet, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to arrange a showing of this property. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- 760 Washington Street - Casa Marina Estate Propert...
- 714 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 904 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Key Wes...
- 6 Havana Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 718 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1026 Howe Street - Key West
- 1109 Windsor Lane - Key West - Short Sale
- 709 A Windsor Lane - Short Sale - Key West
- 809 Fleming Street - Short Sale - Prime Old Town L...
- 611 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2114 Staples Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1322 Thompson Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West...
- 629 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Open House Sunday - Key W...
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned Great House at The Sanctuary - Key West...
- 918 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2 Hunts Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Real Estate 2011 Year End Assessment
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1106 Pearl Street - Key West Duplex
- 715 Frances Street - Classic Three Bay Eyebrow Hou...
- 1408 White Street - Key West
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.