Short Sale listing (this is not my listing) at 809 Fleming Street will surely get a lot of attention because of the prime Old Town Key West location. It has a lot of Rah! Rah! Rah! factor. The house was built in 1906 as a single family residence. The property is currently a legal two story duplex. Upstairs is a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom - 699 sq ft unit with a balcony overlooking the 800 block of Fleming Street that rents for $2,000 per month. Downstairs is 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom - 1074 sq ft with a terrace that also overlooks Fleming Street. this apartment rents for $2400 per month. The property has off street parking. The asking price is $799,000 or $422 per sq ft.
Everybody knows the value of location. This place has location, location, and location. As an investment property, this duplex has the appeal of being well located with enough bedrooms and living spaces plus the front balconies to attract long term renters with ease. A lot of local singles live in roommate situations where rent is divided based on the number of bedrooms or space shared. This location is great for locals who do not have a car because most of Old Town is within an easy walking or biking distance to most jobs and most of the nightlife. Duval Street is three blocks west, the Historic Key West Seaport is two blocks north, and just about any place important is within a five to ten minute walk. Keeping this property rented will never be a problem.
A prospective buyer might decide to upgrade the property and perhaps add a pool where the two off street parking spaces presently exists. It has Dade County Pine on the inside and classic Key West charm on the outside. The location might make this property an excellent renovation project for the buyer who wants to create a small island oasis that he or she could rent as a vacation rental to help defray the cost of ownership. Or a new owner could simply continue to collect the rent on one unit and live in the other. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property.
This property is located on guest house row. Several of the larger gay guest houses in Key West are located on this particular block including Oasis, Coconut Grove, Equator, and Coral Tree Inn. Curry House is an all welcome guest house that is located across the street. A couple of small commercial businesses including an art gallery are located on this block as well. There are a couple of single family homes on the block, and the remaining properties are apartments or condos.
CLICK HERE to view a slide show of photos I took of this property. Better yet, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to arrange a showing of this property. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- 1709 Washington Street - Key West
- Hop on this Key West Investment
- 517 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- We All Know Key West is Cool - Now It is Official!...
- 819 Terry Lane - Short Sale - Key West
- 818 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
- Is The Party Over?
- 64 Front Street - Truman Annex - Key West
- Bank Owned Trailer Park - Lower Florida Keys
- 811 Washington Street #103 - Short Sale - Casa Mar...
- 419 Simonton Street - Key West, Florida
- I Saw the Harbor Lights (833 Eisenhower Drive - Ke...
- 730 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Price Reduction on Artist's Retreat - 809 Virginia...
- 809 Fleming Street - Prime Old Town Location - Sho...
- The Lady in Waiting - 410 Simonton Street - Old To...
- Key West Recent Sales Update
- Key West on HGTV's HOUSE HUNTERS
- Southpark Condominium - 804 South Street - Key Wes...
- 1123 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Cutie - Key ...
- 1320 Grinnell Street -Casa Marina Contemporary - K...
- Mr. Potato Head
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 815 Sawyers Lane - Old Town - Key West - Picture P...
- 1114 Fleming Street - Grand Conch House - Key West...
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (247)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (172)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.