Wednesday, March 28, 2012
We All Know Key West is Cool - Now It is Official!
It's official, Forbes has 'declared' the driveway at The Meadows of Key West to be among the coolest driveways in America. And for good reason. The proof is in the picture. CLICK HERE to read Tanya Mohn's article and then proceed to photo #17 and the little write up about The Meadows of Key West. Thank you Tanya for your kind mention of my little blog.
I wrote many blogs about The Meadows. The developer of The Meadows built eight single family that were intended to sell just in the $1,699,000 to $1,900,000 price point. The homes were classified as land based condominiums because of lot sizes which shared common driveway between the homes located on Pine and Petronia Streets. The gated driveway serves as access to the carports behind each of the homes. Locals know how much rain we can get during a torrential storm. The driveway was built to carry the storm runoff water from the houses through an underground drain to the water retention pond on Eisenhower Drive.
The market for high end housing vanished as the national economy took a dip in 2008 just when The Meadows sales campaign was in full swing. The Meadows eventually became a bank owned project, and Preferred Properties was asked to sell each of the homes. That is why I wrote all of those blogs, and why I hosted so many open houses. I eventually sold one of the homes and sold another home to a couple that I met during an open house. Thank you, both.
I told all of the potential buyers what a great buying opportunity those homes were. The homes beat the competition of other similar projects that were built by other developers during the same time period. In my opinion The Meadows had (1) superior design, (2) quality construction throughout (3) top of the line building materials, (4) upgraded kitchens, baths, appliances, plumbing, and light fixtures. The buyers who bought at the bottom of the market got the best deals in Key West. When and if any of the owners decides to sell, there will surely be a list of new buyers waiting to move into this very special Key West property.
CLICK HERE to search the Key West Association of Realtors mls database to find your new home in Key West. If you see a property that interests you, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- 1709 Washington Street - Key West
- Hop on this Key West Investment
- 517 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- We All Know Key West is Cool - Now It is Official!...
- 819 Terry Lane - Short Sale - Key West
- 818 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
- Is The Party Over?
- 64 Front Street - Truman Annex - Key West
- Bank Owned Trailer Park - Lower Florida Keys
- 811 Washington Street #103 - Short Sale - Casa Mar...
- 419 Simonton Street - Key West, Florida
- I Saw the Harbor Lights (833 Eisenhower Drive - Ke...
- 730 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Price Reduction on Artist's Retreat - 809 Virginia...
- 809 Fleming Street - Prime Old Town Location - Sho...
- The Lady in Waiting - 410 Simonton Street - Old To...
- Key West Recent Sales Update
- Key West on HGTV's HOUSE HUNTERS
- Southpark Condominium - 804 South Street - Key Wes...
- 1123 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Cutie - Key ...
- 1320 Grinnell Street -Casa Marina Contemporary - K...
- Mr. Potato Head
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 815 Sawyers Lane - Old Town - Key West - Picture P...
- 1114 Fleming Street - Grand Conch House - Key West...
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.