If you have the itch to quit your job and move to Key West so that you can own and operate a guesthouse, you may want to consider the ever-so-cute Seascape Tropical Inn. Seascape is located at 420 Olivia Street - about 100 feet from Duval Street and it's famous neighbor to the west is the Ernest Hemingway House. Seascape Tropical Inn was praised by the New York Times and named the "Best Value of all Key West Bed & Breakfasts" by Florida Keys Magazine.
All seven guest rooms have private baths and each room has been updated to provide top quality lodging including A/C, refrigerator, cable TV, and wireless Internet service. The beautiful pool is easily accessible by all rooms. (And it meets all current State of Florida health requirements which will save a new owner from huge expenses.) The current owners have upgraded all rooms and have increased year round occupancy from 72% in 2009 to 88% in 2011. This is a great opportunity for a prospective guest house purchaser in Key West.
I used to town the former Eaton Lodge Guest House at 511 Eaton Street. I know from experience the value of owning a guest house that is located near Duval Street and the importance tourists place on proximity to nearby attractions. Once guests are settled in their rooms, they know they can walk out the front door and be anyplace they want to be within a few minutes walk. South Beach is a couple of blocks to the south, great restaurants can be found on Duval or any number of the intersecting streets, bars of all sizes and for all sorts are located everywhere. The Waterfront Playhouse and Red Barn Theater are a ten minute walk north on Duval Street. Sunset at Mallory Square or fishing trips from the Historic Seaport are all within easy walking distance.
CLICK HERE for view the Key West mls datasheet on Seascape Inn which is offered at $2,250,000. Contact me for detailed information and more photos by sending an email request to me at email@example.com.
Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 if you would like to schedule a visit to see Seascape Inn or any other guest house. Viewing any guest house is difficult because owners do not want to disturb guests. It is important that we schedule appointments in advance. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- 20874 W 9th Avene - Cudjoe Key - Florida
- 1019 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1014 Vareal Street #1 - Bank Owned - Key West
- Feds Behaving Badly
- 812 Fleming Street #4 - Newly Listed Condo - Heart...
- 626 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- 804 Catherine Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1403 Catherine Street - Key West
- 704 William Street - Old Town - Key West - Short S...
- 1223 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2533 Patterson Avenue - Key West - Bank Owned
- I Sell Real Houses in Key West
- 1411 Petronia Street - The Meadows Area - Key West...
- 707 Southard Street - Old Town Key West Chramer Ex...
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- 627 Elizabeth Street - Sitting Pretty Atop Solares...
- Bank Owned "Fixer" with Huge Upside - Key West
- 621 Caroline Street - Old Town - Key West
- Seascape Tropical Inn - 420 Olivia Street - Key We...
- 1514 4th Street - Key West
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (247)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (172)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.