Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Naked Man Walking - Key West
There are two things I love about Key West: our wonderful weather and that life never is predictable. Take for example an incident that occurred a few years back when I was riding my bike to the gym. It was very dark at about 6:00 A.M. I was riding on Washington Street just west of the El Patio Motel when I saw a young man in his early 20s walking down the street. He was totally nude. He walked to my left. I looked back. Yep, he was buck naked.. No doubt about it. I thought to myself that's too odd even for Key West. I circled the block and found a public phone at the youth hostel on South Street where I called the police. The officer asked me to describe the naked man. How was I supposed to answer that?
I got back on my bike and rode over to the corner of Reynolds and Washington which was the area where the nude dude should have reached by that point. I saw a young woman at the bus stop and asked if she had seen the nude man. She had. She said he disappeared behind some houses and asked me to wait with her until her bus came or the police arrived. I did.
About 5 to 10 minutes elapsed before the police finally arrived. The nude man had totally vanished at this point. I flagged the cops' attention He got out of his car to ask why I called the police. I started to describe what I had seen earlier then saw the unclad lad emerge from between two apartment buildings. As I write this I just recalled the guy was then carrying a baseball bat. He did not have that before. The cop saw him and walked toward him with his fleshlight drawn and said "What in the hell do you think you're doing?" He took the kid to the poky. Later that day I looked at the Monroe County Sheriff's office website. The naked bat boy was being held on a mental health hold.
You never know what you will see in Key West. That's just part of the fun about living in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- First Three Quarters Real Estate Sales Report - Ke...
- Revenge of the Projects of Key West
- 3300 Riviera Drive - Key West
- 626 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Vacation Rental Scam
- 221 Golf Club Drive - The Sanctuary - Key West
- 1617 White Street - Key West
- 1075 Duval Street #R32 - Licensed to Make Money - ...
- 1309 Catherine Street - Key West
- 307 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West: The Opposite of Ohio
- 617 Fleming Street #2 - Key West
- Naked Man Walking - Key West
- 2434 Linda Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- Florida Keys Waterfront Home - Cudjoe Key
- Chicago - 1968 Democratic National Convention
- 820 Whitehead Street - Key West
- Labor Day Suggestion: Quit Your Job And Move To Ke...
- 330 Julia Street - Short Sale - Investment Propert...
- 1208 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.