I have often written about life on the slow lanes of Key West. The cottage at 824 Terry Lane is a perfect example of space and time: it is a wonderful embodiment of space and time means nothing if you live here.
The cottage is located at the rear of the Terry Lane Court
condo compound (which I will describe later). The house itself is 747
sq ft of living space most of which is on the ground floor. (Lot size is
1131 sq ft.) The front door opens into a small foyer that leads forward
into the combined kitchen and living room. The kitchen looks like it is
brand new and has beautiful cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and
rich granite counter-tops and back splash.
proper powder room is located just off the entry and opposite the entry
into the ground floor bedroom. The bright and cheery is quite large and
has extra tall ceilings which are made more prominent by the woven
thatched ceiling. The bedroom accommodates a king size bed - not
something you see in most Key West cottages where space is minimal. The
main bathroom is extra large as well. It is bright and cheerful.
little compound is composed of six old homes that were originally
located on this portion of Terry Lane. Each house is owned in fee
simple, just like a traditional house in just about any town anywhere in
America. Only here, the owners share a common area that includes the
long meandering pool that is located at the rear of the other homes.
Each home looks different from the rest. Some are as cute as a button
and one was a bank foreclosure last year that still needs some
reinvention. But all work in this little piece of heaven. The condo fees
are $200 monthly which pays common area and pool maintenance. Each
homeowner pays his own home insurance and home maintenance cost. But
all owners share the use of the pool and common areas. See photos below.
took a couple of photos of the private area (below) for 824 Terry Lane.
The space is precious as it can be. Imagine owning this wonderful
824 Terry Lane is offered at $424,900. CLICK HERE to view the Key West Association of Realtors mls datasheet and listing photos. I took some additional photos which you can see if you CLICK HERE. Better than pushing buttons, why don't you call me, Gary Thomas 305-766-2642
and schedule a private showing of this cute as hell little piece of
heaven. I am a buyer agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred
Properties Key West. You will fall in love with this house. And I dare
you to try to find any condo or single family home in Old Town that
beats this property by size or amenities for this price. Compare this
property to units available at Shipyard or smaller condos in the Old
Town area. I really think this place beats them all.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- 726 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 820 Windsor Lane - Key West
- 1214 16th Terrace - Key West
- 1411 Petronia Street - The Meadows Area of Key Wes...
- 912 Truman Avenue - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Short Sale - Back on the Market - 620 Mic...
- 618 Petronia Steet - Atop Solares Hill - Key West
- 2116 Fogarty Avenue Key West
- Bank Owned - 106 Golf Club Drive - Key West
- 621 Grinnell Street - Hidden Old Town Bungalow - K...
- 1109 Virginia Street - Old Town - Key West
- More Tales from the Projects of Key West
- 1018 James Street - Key West Renovation Property
- 824 Terry Lane - Key West - A Piece of Heaven
- Bert and Ernie in Key West
- 3529 Sunrise Drive - Key West
- 11 Whistling Duck Lane - Key West
- Bank Owned - Designer Home - 1103 Ashby Street - K...
- One Seller's Remorse
- 3611 Flagler Avenue - Key West
- ▼ October (21)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.