Thursday, February 7, 2013
921 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
It 's been a few years since I stepped inside the remarkable old Key West home located at 921 Whitehead Street. I had forgotten how big and impressive an this place once was and is again. The city property records were destroyed in a great fire many years ago.As a result we o not have accurate building records on many of the Old Town buildings. I dipped down into the old shoe box and found a couple of historic photos of the house. The first one pictured immediately below says 921 Whitehead was built circa 1905. I found the black and white photo below with a notation taken in 1937.
The master suite occupies the second floor. The sitting room/office has access to the second floor front porch which over looks the Key West Light House. What an impressive view that is. By the way, Ernest Hemingway's old home is located a couple of doors to the north. The master bath is located at the rear and it has access to a second floor rear terrace with big sky views and also the lap pool below.
And then there is there is the third floor which includes another sitting area and another bedroom. The view of the old lighthouse from this floor is nothing less than spectacular. If you are a lighthouse aficionado, you must buy this house. And if you are looking for a house that would make a great vacation rental, this is a must see.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and to view more photos of the property which is offered for sale at $1,729,000.
Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or send me an email at email@example.com. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- Bank Owned - 2104 Patterson Avenue - Key West
- Price Reduction - Key West Beach Club Unit #413
- 701 Washington Street - The Casa Marina Area - Key...
- 801-807 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Sunday Open House - 909 Pohalski Lane - Key West
- 809 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1115 Packer Street - Key West - Sheer Genius
- 1019 Varela Street - Transient Licensed House - Ol...
- 1119 Johnson Street in the Casa Marina - Key West
- 909 Pohalski Ln - Key West - Open House - Sunday
- Key West or elsewhere
- 921 Whitehead Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1211 Margaret Street - Key West Home For Sale
- 719 Windsor Lane (The Key West Writer's Compound)
- 609 Angela Street - Solares Hill Eyebrow House - K...
- 2012 - That Was the Year That Was in Key West Real...
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.