Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

1115 Packer Street - Key West - Sheer Genius


The new two bedroom home at 1115 Packer Street is sheer genius, and you can buy it for only $639,000.This newly listed home is described by the listing Realtor this way:
"Picket fence paradise in Old Town, located strolling distance to Duval and; the beach. Meticulously restored this home is drop your bags ready. Home is energy efficient and eco-friendly. Outdoor living embraced with lush, native landscaping, outdoor shower, cut coral patio. Many custom touches including; chef's kitchen with Corian counter top, stainless steel appliances and gas stove, slow close drawers. Hand scraped Birch floors throughout except for gorgeous marble floors in bathrooms. Tray ceilings, spa showers, interior - washer/dryer, extreme insulation. Practically a brand new house inside and out, with new siding, electric,plumbing, roof, impact windows and doors, etc. 2 off street parking, X Flood zone. PERFECTION."
Landscaped Cut Coral Patio
  When viewing the facade of this newly listed home you might expect a typical Key West cottage style home with a typical cottage style interior. But that would be faulty thinking. Instead, this home is smartly designed and finished for today's informal yet style conscious living. When I first entered the house my eyes were wowed by the abundant light from multiple windows and doors that played off against the tray ceiling. What might be boring interior space turned into an innovative treat. It made me want to go forth to see what other bits of genius the developer had created.


I soon found another eye opener which were twin windows located on either side of the gas range that were located just at counter top height and which occupied that short space between the counter top and the upper hanging kitchen cabinets.  I have seen similar windows before, but only in million plus homes.
 The house has two good sized bedrooms and two baths. The master bedroom has a side door that opens out to a private deck area that also includes an outdoor shower.  When you finally move to Key West and buy your home you will learn one of the reasons people love living here is their outdoor shower. I pity people who don't have them. Seriously.  It is a life essential as far as I am concerned. I am glad this developer put one in.  The second bedroom has access to another side deck which is visible from the living area.
Guest Bedroom
Guest Bath
Master Bedroom
Master Bath
Outdoor Shower located at the rear of  Private Deck Area
 One of the most frequent questions I get asked is whether a new owner can tear down an old house in Old Town and build a new one. The answer is "No" with some minor qualification. Instead, many developers buy a place like this house and rebuild it.  Over the years I have seen lots of renovations, remodels, and re-builds. I have seen all manner of quality and workmanship. I have seen style and I have seen greed. Sometimes I have seen greed, granite, and caulk go hand in hand to create the illusion of a quality renovation. I know crap when I see it and I have warned my buyers not to fall for it.  This house, is quality through and through. The workmanship and materials used are all first class.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and to view listing photos of 1115 Packer Street. This home is offered furnished with the items currently shown in the photographs. And CLICK HERE to view photos I took of this really charming Key West cottage style home.

If you would like to see 1115 Packer Street, I really wish you would like to see it with me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642.  I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.When you see this property you will surely agree with me that it is sheer genius.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I become fan of your blog you have given superb information keep blogging Puri Emerald Bay

Anonymous said...

Any room for a pool?

Gary Thomas said...

No, there is no room for a pool, but there is room for a hot tub.

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell