Wednesday, July 10, 2013
622 Grinnell Street - Key West, Florida
"Wonderful, original conch home with three legal units. Great location and superb street presence. Access to the rear cottage is from a lane.Possible conversion back to single family and would be a really spectacular property as such. Opportunity to work with a property that has been maintained while leaving a Key West flavor."
I did a quick search of the Sandborn Fire Maps and learned that 622 Grinnell Street first appeared in the 1912 edition. Prior addition was 1898 so we know it was built after 1898 and before 1912. I found a photo of the property that was taken in 1965. Compare that black and white photo to a photo I took last week.
622 Grinnell Street has 1820 sq ft of interior living space. The cottage has an additional 512 sq ft. The house and cottage sit on a large lot on one of the quietest blocks in Old Town. (Grinnell Street dead ends at the corner of Angela Street which is the northern boundary of the Key West cemetery.) The value in this property is not as multi-unit income property but rather as a renovated single family home with a charming guest cottage which has room to add a pool and parking. The photos below were taken a few months back when the property was owner occupied. Tenants now occupy the property and it does not show the same.
CLICK HERE to view a slideshow of photos I took of this property.
622 Grinnell Street is offered at $1,200,000. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls data sheet on this property. Or better than that, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or send me an email at email@example.com. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- 630 Elizabeth Street - The House at the Top of Sol...
- 1105 Olivia Street Key West - Price Reduction
- 606 Truman Avenue #1 - Key West Florida
- 112 Hutchinson Lane - Key West
- 1421 Reynolds Street - The Casa Marina Area - Key ...
- 506 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West - A Pla...
- 527 Margaret Street - Short Sale - Key West
- 606 Truman Avenue #9 - Transient Licensed Windward...
- 1120 Curry Lane - Hidden Potential in Old Town - K...
- 4 Pinder Lane - Major Price Reduction - Key West
- 609 Angela Street - Solares Hill Eyebrow House - K...
- 906 Florida Street - The Meadows Area - Key West
- 328 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- Buying Opportunity - 1104-1106 Thompson Street in ...
- 1428 Whalton Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West ...
- 1501 White Street - Key West -Bank Owned
- 1601 White Street - Near Waters Edge - Key West
- 622 Grinnell Street - Key West, Florida
- 1305 Petronia Street - The Meadows Area - Key West...
- 2920 Seidenberg Avenue - Open House - Key West
- 1410 Grinnell Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West...
- 2920 Seidenberg Avenue - Key West, Florida
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.