Sunday, October 6, 2013
2 Fletchers Lane - Old Town - Key West
As frequent readers know the Key West mls is auto-filled with data that comes from the Monroe County Property Appraiser database. Unfortunately, the historic property records were destroyed in the great fire many years ago. Members of the WPA recreated those records but made guesses as to when many of our old homes were built - including 2 Fletchers Lane which the official record says was built in 1924. I looked at the Sanborn Fire Maps for Key West and found what I believe to be this property which I have marked with an "X" on the map below. That map was made in 1892 which tells us the house and rear cottage existed prior to 1899. You will note that the house appears to be placed on an angle. That was not uncommon in olden days. Some houses still sit like that. This house has been re situated so that it now sits parallel with the lane.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and listing photos. This property is listed at $1,123,000.
Windows on two sides open out from the bar to the pool area where you and your guests can lounge in luxury. I exaggerate not: I want this! This is just too cool.
CLICK HERE to view more photos which I took of this really charming Key West property. But better than that, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. This is a truly incredible home. Don't miss this.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- I See Dead People or Why It's Hard to Sell Houses ...
- 625 Frances Street - Old Town - Key West
- 3700 Eagle Avenue - Key West
- 3221 Pearl Avenue - Key West Short Sale
- 1108 Fleming Street - Key West
- 923 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West
- 901 Pearl Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1425 White Street - Key West Grand Estate
- 606 Truman Avenue No. 1 - Windward Park - Key West...
- 630 Elizabeth Street - Key West
- 818 Olivia Street ~ Old Town ~ Key West
- 920 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1621 Rose Street - Bank Owned Property - Key West
- 1020 Grinnell Street - An Affordable and Adorable ...
- 627-629 Eaton Street - Old Town Key West Landmark ...
- 112 Hutchnson Lane ~ Key West, Florida
- 2 Fletchers Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1800 Atlantic # C 441 - Key West, Florida - Rockin...
- 622 Grinnell Street ~ Key West
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.