GOOGLE MAP to view the location and use the toggle switch for a street view.
The listing Realtor describes 1220 Von Phister Street this way:
"Well maintained two story home with exposed Dade County Pine walls located in
excellent neighborhood.This is the perfect place to get away from it all.
Superior master suite with private balcony, large bedrooms and spacious living
area. Large hot tub and storage shed in back yard. Upgraded Kitchen with
stainless appliances. Two zone A/C and generator. This is not a drive by."
A guest bedroom and bath complete the first floor. An extra large guest bedroom is located at the front of the house on the second floor. This room is large enough to serve as a second master bedroom for couples that require separate bedrooms.
CLICK HERE to view more photos.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on 1220 Von Phister Street and then please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to see this new listing. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Thursday, August 29, 2013
"Renovated iconic Old Town conch home in a great location at the heart of Key West's Historic District. 1101 Fleming Street has been featured in paintings, photographs and television ads. Classic yet modern, the living room has vaulted ceilings and light bamboo floors. The modern kitchen features maple cabinetry, pool-tile countertops and stainless appliances. Both bathrooms are beautifully designed with vintage fixtures. Beautiful, private outdoor area perfect for entertaining also includes a covered, decommissioned pool."
The original house was built circa 1899. It has been updated several times over the years, but it is the current owner that breathed fresh air into this little home and gave new life for this new century.
CLICK HERE you can see more pictures of this lovely cottage home that is offered at $679,000.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and to view listing photos. Interested buyers should not sit on the sidelines and watch this for very long. I expect this home will go under contract within a couple of days. There are a limited number of small homes in move-in condition in the Old Town area. And I really don't think there is anything comparable to this home and priced as reasonably as this.
Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing of this home. I am a buyers agent an a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
In May 2013 Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. purchased the Pier House Resort and Caribbean Spa for $90,000,000 or $634,000 per room key.
There are a couple of guest houses still for sale in Key West. Now is the opportune time to purchase so that you will have time to get new financing in place, do your training, and get ready to see the money flying in the doors. If you have been thinking of buying a guest house in Key West, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or send me an email at email@example.com. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
In 2010 a bank owned house at 1021 Fleming Street was listed for $321,750. It had ten cash offers higher than asking price and sold for $400,000 after only a few days on the market. I wrote an offer for one buyer. He bid too low. Dang it! Over the past year the house has steadily been renovated and now appears near completion.
|1117 Stump Lane in 1965|
The "little cottage that could" at 525 Grinnell Street (below) is getting a substantial renovation. The old roof was replaced by a shiny new metal roof. Many of the old piers were replaced and the exterior siding was thoroughly prepped and prepared for a quality paint job. Even though the interior had been updated within the past ten years, the new owner "un-did" the re-do and is re-doing it to perfection. Perfection costs money and the redo process is dragging out a bit. The original house shown in the 1965 photo below had a wood front porch. Some later owner added a concrete porch with those lovely 1960s vintage concrete blocks. The present owner got permission to remove the concrete blocks and to rebuild a new wood porch. That will make the renovation as near perfect as one can get.
The grand old Conch house across the street at 522 Grinnell Street seems to have stopped for a time. The owner started an ambitious remodel of one of the largest old homes in Key West. This house was built to grand proportions with tall ceilings, a fireplace, formal dining room, and bay windows on either side of the main floor. The owner added a new rear two story porch which may eventually overlook a pool. The backyard has room for a pool, but so far there is no evidence a pool is intended.
|August 2013 - paint is starting to peel|
|608 William Street - 1965|
|608 William Street - 1970s|
|608 William Street - 2008|
A brand new house was built from the ground up at 710 Windsor Lane. The home that previously occupied this space was not old enough or architecturally interesting to be classified as a contributing structure. Permission was granted to tear down the old place and to construct a new two story home on Solares Hill. The lot was extra large and that gave the owner the opportunity to build an extra large home.
Speaking of which another old house at 625 Margaret Street is being reborn from the ground up. All of the old house was torn down with the exception of the historic roof and two framed windows at the front. The rest of the house and all of the exterior lot was carted away to make room for the new houses. The giant tree in front remains. It forms the focal point for the development that is ongoing.
If you are thinking of buying a fixer or a place that is move-in ready, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (121)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- 1220 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area - Key W...
- 1101 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Big Deal in Little Key West
- The Projects of Key West - an Update
- 801 Fleming Street - Key West
- New Life into Old Buildings - Key West
- 501 Duval Street - Key West - News You Can Use
- 27 Kingfisher Lane - Key West - Bank Owned - Reduc...
- 1307 Petronia Street - The Meadows Area - Key West...
- 310 Amelia Street - Key West - Bank Owned
- 822 Carsten Lane - Key West - Old Town Dream Cotta...
- 529 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West - New Lo...
- 1601 White Street - Key West - Price Reduction
- Things That Have Been Seen Cannot Be Unseen or How...
- 221 Golf Club Drive - The Sanctuary - Key West
- 611 Margaret Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2 Fletchers Lane - Hidden Old Town Treasure - Key ...
- 1114 Watson Street - Old Town - Key West - Legal D...
- 623 Thomas Street #D - Key West, Florida
- Gay Divorce Court
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.