Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Happy New Year 2014 from Key West
It's the morning after the night before when Sushi descended from the Bourbon Street Pub to welcome in the New Year in Key West.
I found the Sushi photo on Instagram where someone posted it as "best photo ever". I took the photo below. Note the two city workers guarding the police barricades to prevent someone from walking away with a couple of hundred pounds of iron. (I had to wait seven to ten minutes to take this photo. Two garbage trucks stopped in front of the bar while workers picked up yellow trash containers and loaded them on the trucks. Two huge street cleaning machines and five or six "chase" vehicles stopped to wait for the workers to complete their pickups. The work crew reluctantly picked up their pace, loaded the trucks, and left. The machines swept and sprayed the street. The chase vehicles followed. The two guardians of the barricades did not move an inch.)
In a few days I will write my year end summary of real estate sales in Key West. But for now I'll simply say what is quite obvious to the real estate agents and "active" buyers who are seeking a place in Key West, the pickings are slim and the prices are rising. Several properties I have written about in the past few weeks went under contract within days of being listed.
CLICK HERE to search the Key West Association of Realtors mls. This is the real website that Realtors post listing information. Viewers see what is available in "real time" as opposed to other shadow sites that sometimes offer stale or dated information. If you want to buy, you need real time information.
If you are not working with a Realtor, please consider working with me, Gary Thomas. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Contact me at 305-766-2642 or send me an email at email@example.com. Maybe you will have a place in Key West to call home on January 1, 2015. Wouldn't that be great!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (153)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- 1309 Newton Street Key West - Bank Owned Fixer Upp...
- 1012 Fleming Street, Key West - Investment Propert...
- 3433 Riviera Drive - Key West, Florida
- 3630 Flagler Avenue - Key West, Florida
- 1014 Varela Street #4 - Key West - Bank Owned Cond...
- 1717 Ashby St Key West - An Affordable Alternative...
- 415 Frances Street Key West, Florida - A Classic B...
- 1524 5th Street - Key West, Florida ~ A Place for ...
- 3529 Sunrise Drive, Key West, Florida
- 1621 Rose Street, Key West - Bank Owned
- 1021 Washington Street, Key West, Florida - The Ca...
- 1417 Catherine Street ~ Key West
- 2013 That Was the Year that Was in Key West Real E...
- 48 Coral Way - Key West - Transient Licensed Condo...
- 810 Elizabeth Street - Key West - Old Town Home wi...
- 1500 Atlantic Boulevard # 214 - Key West Beach Clu...
- God Lives Above Eddie's Red & White
- 716 Elizabeth Street - Rear - Key West
- 409 Grinnell Street - Key West - Price Reduction
- Happy New Year 2014 from Key West
- ▼ January (20)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.