Tuesday, April 22, 2014
112 Hutchinson Lane - Key West - Price Reduction
I checked the old Sanborn Fire Maps of Key West to see if I could determine the approximate date this house was built. Frequent readers know that our county property records were destroyed in the great fire many years ago. During the Depression workers from the Works Project Administration reconstructed property records and unfortunately attributed erroneous "construction" dates. I went to the historic 1892 Sanborn Fire Map. Houses in this immediate area are clearly shown on that map but the lane ws not given a name. No matter, we can tell by looking at the black and white photo below which was taken in 1965 that the house was ancient then. Compare the way it looked then to the way it looks today. I wish people aged as gracefully. Really, I do.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property. I took more exterior photos of the house and the block which you can see if you CLICK HERE. Better than looking at photos, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing of this little cigar maker cottage. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- 622 Grinnell Street Key West - Back on the Market
- 2 Fletchers Lane Key West ~ One of the Slowest Lan...
- 1025 Von Phister Street - Key West - Open House
- 3B Nassau Lane, Key West, Florida - Just Listed
- 1112 Elgin Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 112 Hutchinson Lane - Key West - Price Reduction
- 1025 Von Phister Street - Key West - OPEN HOUSE - ...
- 1711 Atlantic Boulevard Key West, Florida - A Conu...
- Bank Owned - 1621 Rose Street Key West - Price Red...
- 811 White Street - Key West - New Construction in ...
- 1305 Petronia Street, Key West, Florida - The Mead...
- The Importance of Finding Ernie
- 832 Johnson Lane, Key West - Back on the Market
- 1025 Von Phister Street, Key West - Casa Marina Ar...
- 1006 Packer Street, Key West, Florida - New Listin...
- 326 William Street, Key West Florida - Old Town
- 713 Galveston Lane - Key West
- 1410 Duncan Street - Key West, Florida
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.