Wednesday, June 18, 2014
246 Key Haven Road - Key West, Florida
GOOGLE MAP for an aerial perspective.
The third floor can be used as a third bedroom or perhaps as a den/office/solarium. A spiral wood staircase on the second level winds its way up the third floor to a space that is perhaps 10' X 20' that has clerestory windows on all four sides of the room. The windows when opened will allow natural ventilation to move cool ocean air through the space. I took photos looking down the Evergreen Canal and also looking west toward the Florida Keys Community College. On a good day you can see some of the large cruise ships at Mallory Square from this room. This space would be great for a writer or an artist, a yoga devotee, or just somebody who wants a private place to be away from the world.
The ground level includes an entry hall and a huge storeroom. You cannot legally use ground level areas for living spaces because of FEMA regulations. The store room complies with government requirements. There is abundant under house parking as well as covered space off the back deck area. There is room at the rear of the property to build a pool. Finally, this home comes with a davit and hoist for storing a boat out of water.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet and listing photos of 246 Key Haven Road that is offered for sale at $799,000 or just $331 per sq ft. I took more photos which you can see if you CLICK HERE. But better than looking at photos on the internet, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a private showing of this home. I am a buyers agent and full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. If you want an home on an island surrounded by water and a place where you can have a boat to get quick access to either the Atlantic Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico, this may be the place.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (91)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- 1423 Catherine Street - Key West
- 311 Elizabeth Street - Key West - Transient Licens...
- 5030 5th Avenue #20 - Key West, Florida
- 1522 Patricia Street - Key West
- 622 Louisa Street - Key West, Florida
- Wrestling with Buyers in Key West
- 246 Key Haven Road - Key West, Florida
- 635 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Open House - 812 Johnson Lane - Father's ...
- 827 Southard Street - Key West - Old Town - Price ...
- 1110 Elgin Lane, Key West, Florida
- 721 Windsor Lane - The Writer's Compound - Key Wes...
- 522 Grinnell Street, Key West, Florida - A Virgin ...
- 206 Harbour Place Condominium - Elegant Key West W...
- 1100 Angela Street - Bank Owned Property - Key Wes...
- 813 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- 1117 Watson Street - Old Town - Key West
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.