I previously wrote about my picks for the top 20 single family home sales in Key West for 2014. It occurred to me that it would be interesting to look back to see some of the properties that I wrote about in 2014 to see what happened to those properties.
January 14, 2014 - 1021 Washington Street, the Casa Marina Area of Key West
January 31, 2014 - 1309 Newton Street Key West
February 19, 2014 - Ronny Bailey Artist
February 27, 2014 - 810 Elizabeth Street
March 22, 2014 - 622 Grinnell Street
March 26, 2014 - 1100 Angela Street
April 13, 2014 - I wrote about the Importance of Finding Ernie
May 4, 2014 - Key West Life is Never Predictable
May 15, 2014 - 2015 Staples Avenue
July 12, 2014 - 1429 Johnson Street
August 8, 2014 - 615 Southard Street
September 16, 2014 - 530 Grinnell Street
October 17 2014 - 1109 Fleming Street
November 5, 2014 - 522 Petronia Street
November 24, 2014 - 1227 Von Phister Street
A lot of of buyers insist they want to be located in Old Town "near the action" whereas locals know that you are more likely to live a comfortable lifestyle if you are not amid all the noise and commotion of Old Town.
I always try to encourage new buyers to expand their horizons and to look other than Old Town or the Casa Marina areas. Most buyers come prepared to search for a home with sales data gleaned from Zillow. Some come armed with info from locals they may have met in a bar or restaurant. One lady told me she got her real estate advice from her hair dresser. Makes me go nuts. I wouldn't dare try t cut or style some other person's hair. I'd prefer that stylists and barbers mind their own business.
I was talking to a frustrated buyer yesterday who is getting impatient to buy a house that he could renovate. This buyer Sir looking for a flipper. I told him to hang loose and to remember that locals are always dying, getting divorced, or having getting foreclosed on (or some other tragedy. Holdout and don't buy just to buy. Wait for a good deal rather than going after anything.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- 306 Peacon Lane, Key West
- Where Have All the Houses Gone? - The Lack of Hous...
- 2601 South Roosevelt Blvd #609 A, Key West - Key W...
- 1308 Reynolds Street, Key West - Conch Cottage in ...
- 6 Pinder Lane, Key West - A Magical Secret Garden
- 927 United Street, Key West, Florida - Just Listed...
- Buy a Piece of Old Key West
- 526 Southard Street, Key West - Business For Sale
- 1221 Grinnell Street Unit #A Key West - Just Liste...
- 221 Petronia Street, Key West, Florida - Bank Owne...
- 918 Southard Street Unit #111 - Key West - Bank Ow...
- Key West Open Houses and Beyond!
- Something Big is Happening in Key West Real Estate...
- 1320 Olivia Street, Key West - A New "Old" House
- The Projects of Key West - An Update
- 1112 Varela Street, Key West - Old Town South of T...
- 720 Washington Street - Key West - Casa Marina Are...
- 720 Simonton Street (Rear), Key West, Florida
- 809 Eaton Street Key West - Bank Owned - Buying Op...
- Key West Properties Blog - 2014 - A Retrospective
- 812 Johnson Lane - Open House Today - Key West
- 1005 Seminary Street - The Casa Marina Area - Key ...
- The Best Real Estate Deals in Key West - 2014
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.