Saturday, January 17, 2015
Something Big is Happening in Key West Real Estate
There are a total of 29 houses priced at $800,000 or higher that are classified as contingent or pending closing at a median price of $1,299,900. Just this week our office placed 620 Elizabeth Street (offered at $4,595,000) under contract after just 44 days on the market. Two blocks down the street 809 Eaton Street (offered at $1,995,000) went under contract in just four days. 1021 Washington Street which has been on the market 1749 days (offered at $2,750,000) went under contract. 1109 Windsor Lane (offered at $2,175,000) went under contract after 2075 days on the market. The new listing at 824 Fleming Street (offered at $2,499,000) went under contract in 36 days of the listing date. Two new developments are selling multiple units in lighting speed - Southermost Cabana Resort Townhomes in the 1000 block of Simonton Street (offered in the $800s and $900s) and Old Town Villas in the 100 block of Simonton St (offered at $1,599,000 and higher). CLICK HERE to see what is being purchased.
If you have been sitting on the sidelines it might be time to take some action. I don't think prices are going to go down. I'm pretty confident they are going to go up. If you are not able to purchase a property right now, don't fret. There will always be new properties on the market because life events like divorce, job changes, foreclosure, and so on. The thing about buying now versus waiting until the future is you don't know for sure what will be available nor when or at what price. As a buyer you are in control of how you deal with the present. Just keep in mind there a lot of people just like you sitting in front of their computers looking at the same listings ready to pounce. If you snooze, you may lose. It is a good time to buy in Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- 306 Peacon Lane, Key West
- Where Have All the Houses Gone? - The Lack of Hous...
- 2601 South Roosevelt Blvd #609 A, Key West - Key W...
- 1308 Reynolds Street, Key West - Conch Cottage in ...
- 6 Pinder Lane, Key West - A Magical Secret Garden
- 927 United Street, Key West, Florida - Just Listed...
- Buy a Piece of Old Key West
- 526 Southard Street, Key West - Business For Sale
- 1221 Grinnell Street Unit #A Key West - Just Liste...
- 221 Petronia Street, Key West, Florida - Bank Owne...
- 918 Southard Street Unit #111 - Key West - Bank Ow...
- Key West Open Houses and Beyond!
- Something Big is Happening in Key West Real Estate...
- 1320 Olivia Street, Key West - A New "Old" House
- The Projects of Key West - An Update
- 1112 Varela Street, Key West - Old Town South of T...
- 720 Washington Street - Key West - Casa Marina Are...
- 720 Simonton Street (Rear), Key West, Florida
- 809 Eaton Street Key West - Bank Owned - Buying Op...
- Key West Properties Blog - 2014 - A Retrospective
- 812 Johnson Lane - Open House Today - Key West
- 1005 Seminary Street - The Casa Marina Area - Key ...
- The Best Real Estate Deals in Key West - 2014
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.