Monday, October 12, 2015
The Case of the One Legged Drag Queen
After returning from the gym one morning, I decided to do some yard work before going in to the office. I put on some grubby shorts and t-shirt, grabbed my rake, and started to attack the scrub under the foliage out on the right of way.
As I worked my way to the corner I noticed something sparkling through the bushes just on top of the pea rock. I bent down and saw a single fuchsia colored high heel shoe. The heel and base of the shoe had sparkles.Then I noticed a small multi colored clutch or purse. I chuckled with delight. I pulled the shoe and purse out from under the bush. I searched for a second shoe but found none. I opened the purse: it was filled several lipsticks, rouges, and eyeliners but no ID. I decided to grab a camera to record my find for posterity.
A neighbor walked by (actually, I think he came out of his house after he heard me laughing so loudly). I showed him my find. I laughed and told him that I had found the shoe and purse of a one legged drag queen. He laughed and said it's stuff like this that makes life in Key West so damned interesting.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- 712 Ashe Street, Old Town Key West - Room for Impr...
- 1500 Atlantic Boulevard Unit 108, Key West - Ocean...
- 619 Simonton Street, Key West, Florida
- 1611 Seminary Street, Key West
- 913 White Street, Key West
- 1316 Whalton Street - Key West Short Sale!
- Key West Real Estate Horror Story No.2
- 639 United Street, Old Town - Key West
- 1019 Simonton Street, Key West - The Southernmost ...
- 628 Frances Street, Key West - Sweet Eyebrow Cotta...
- 521 Grinnell Street, Key West - Prime Old Town Loc...
- Walking Money - The Cost of Walking Away from a Go...
- The Case of the One Legged Drag Queen
- 812 Simonton Street Rear, Key West - The Affordabl...
- 1320 South Street, Key West - Bank Owned Home
- 45 Bay Drive, Key West - Waterfront Property
- 811 White Street, Key West - Price Reduction
- 1320 Olivia Street, Key West ~ New Price
- 1315 Whitehead Street - Key West, a New Home in Ol...
- Key West Real Estate Horror Story No.1
- The Mettalic Man and the Clicker
- ▼ October (21)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.