The photo below shows me, far left (lol), waiting to shake hands with Vice President Humbert H. Humphrey in his hotel room at the Hilton Hotel in Denver in 1968. That was nearly fifty years ago. The photo was taken a few weeks before the Democratic National Convention which I attended as a member of the Colorado delegation. I left the convention the day after Humphrey won the nomination - I refused to stay to watch him accept the nomination. I felt the whole thing was rigged.
1968 was a pivotal year in American history. These are a few of the events that happened that year:
In early spring Senator Eugene McCarthy of Minnesota challenged Lyndon Johnson for the Democratic Nomination as President.
On March 31 President Lyndon Johnson announced the would not seek nor would he accept the nomination of his party for another term as President.
Forty-eight years later our country is facing a new election and has choices not everyone is excited about. I am excited about my candidate and have given money to the campaign. I will enthusiastically cast my ballot this year. I urge votes to vote. I know for certain that there will be a new reality no matter which person wins this election.
If you think one votes does not matter, you are wrong! Every vote matters!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (156)
- Knowing the Value of Money
- 703 Eaton Street #2, Key West - Bank Owned Condo -...
- 717 Galveston Lane - A Last Little Piece of Old Ke...
- You Never Know What You'll See in Key West - A Tru...
- 618 Whitehead Street, Key West - Just Listed!
- Every Vote Matters
- 1119 Packer Street, Key West - Potential Perfect P...
- 811 Washington St #102, Key West - Casa Marina Bea...
- 1503 South Street, Key West - Beautiful Home in a ...
- 800 Fleming Street #A2, Key West - Newly Listed
- Remembering 9/11 from Key West
- 817 Eaton Street, Key West Florida - Just Listed!
- The Projects of Key West - The Hotels
- 3 Aronovitz Lane, Key West - Price Reduced
- 1400 White Street, Key West - OPEN HOUSE TODAY
- 1413 Von Phister Street, Key West - Potential Tear...
- 95 Bay Drive, Saddlebunch Key Florida
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.