Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2017

217 Eanes Lane, Key West Florida

Just Listed, but not by me, 217 Eanes Lane in Key West, Florida. The listing agent described the property this way: 
"Diamond in the rough renovation project. Solid concrete house in the Historic Section of Old Town. Half a block off Duval Street on a quiet Lane. Large yard with room for a pool. Side yard could easily be used as a driveway for two cars. Walk to Key West's best dining, gallerias, night life and tourist attractions. One block from the Light House and Hemingway House." 

Readers of my blog tell me that one of the things they really like about my blog is the history I am sometimes able to relate to a specific house. I did a brief search of the Historic Sanborn Fire Maps to see if I could determine the approximate age of the newly listed 217 Eanes Lane. I found 26 Elk Alley on the 1889 Map. By the time the 1912 Map was published the house numerator had entirely vanished and the map maker arbitrarily changed the street name to Magneto Court. Two other nearby houses still exist in the same location today. I am confident in asserting that 217 Eanes Lane existed at least as of 1889. I do not know when the lane name was officially changed to Enemas Lane. However, I do know that I then looked into my old shoebox and found a photo taken of 217 Eanes in 1965. That was 52 years ago. I recently took new photos that show the house and block as they look today. That all having been said, the Monroe County Property Appraiser official website shows this house as being built in 1948.  The official website shows the house as being 1200 sq ft wood frame construction with stucco overlay. The lot measures 42.33' wide by 83.32' or 3654 sq ft.  That is a fairly decent sized lot for Old Town.
The house appears to have benefited from some recent improvements including new windows and tile flooring throughout most of the interior. Most of the interior walls appear to be drywall with a knock-down painted drywall finish. There are also new doors throughout the house. The interior floors also seem very stable as they are supporting a lot of weight with the new tile floors.
I wrote about the house across the street about three years ago. It sold instantly and I suspect this house will do the same. That house was in much worse condition than this place. But it had a large yard, room for a pool, and lots of room for improvement.  That's why it sold. 217 Eenas Lane shares the great location one-half block from the corner of Truman and Duval. The Key West lighthouse is one block away. This house could make a great Key West second home or a vacation rental. Most of the other houses on this lane are already rented as vacation rentals. Look at the photos below and then CLICK HERE to view more photos I took of the house and this terrific location. Imagine how you might improve on what has already been done or how you might gut the place and start with a new plan to redevelop this property.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West MLS datasheet on this house which is offered for sale at $649,900. Then call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, to set up a private showing. This will not last long. Act quickly.  I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, is it Eneas Lane? Or Eanes Lane? Walk by here every day and always wondered. The MLS calls it "Eanes" but the official street sign posted there says "Eneas".

Gary Thomas said...

Dear Anon, I used the street address the listing agent used so that Google users would find my blog. If you actually clicked the photo link you would see that I photographed the street sign at the corner of Truman at Eanes Lane.

Gary

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell