"What’s in store for me in the direction I don’t take?" Jack Kerouac
People with good intentions tell me that I should not dwell on
decisions I made in the past. You can't change what you did, so leave
it alone - they say. I wish it was that easy. I ended up not having a
couple of relationships that I wish I have given the chance to
succeed. And I had other relationships that, had they not occurred, had
I not done that one thing, my entire life story would have been
written differently. The regrets of choices made and directions not
taken is not limited to love or romance, or jobs, but also involves
decisions on investments made or not made and years of regrets over how
I let little things screw up big dreams and plans for the future. And I bet a lot of my dear readers have gone through the same agony of regretting what you did and what you did not do.
me. I had pissed
him off so bad that I could never buy it. I learned not to insult a seller by making a low-ball offer.
I went back to Denver two years ago and drove past that house and took the above photo. The place is still perfect. I don't know what course my life would have taken had I purchased that home. It certainly would have been different than the life I ended up having. I have made offers on other properties that I did not get, but this house was different. This loss stuck with me. I not only learned a valuable lesson in negotiation, but also feeling a self-inflicted wound of not getting something I really wanted and having the lingering regret over what I did to myself.
If you are looking to take your life in a different direction by purchasing a place in Key West, please consider working with me, Gary Thomas, 305-76-2642 or contact me by email at email@example.com. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. The only regret I have about moving to Key West is that it took me so long to do it.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- The Direction Not Taken
- 903 Eaton Street, Key West - Open House Today
- 5 Brothers Key West - An Homage
- 3810 Flagler Avenue, Key West - Waterfront Estate
- 6800 Maloney Avenue #56, Key West - Affordable Wat...
- Key West and the Slop Jug House
- 1118 Seminary Street, Key West - Just Listed
- 217 Eneas Lane, Key West Florida
- 32 HILTON Haven Road #4, Key West - New Lower Pric...
- 2317 Fogarty Avenue, Key West - Bank Owned - Buyin...
- 702 Catherine Street, Key West - Potential Vacatio...
- Old Town Key West Price Reductions - Time to Buy
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.