Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Do you remember the old days when you could leave the door to your house unlocked all the time and not worry about somebody committing a Home Invasion? I do. And for the most part Key West is still the kind of place where you can leave your house unlocked and not worry about somebody coming inside without an invitation. A friend recently entered her teenage son in a New England Prep School and told him that he would have to start locking his door to protect his things. This, she said, came as a total shock to her son. He had never thought of anybody needing to lock something up.
Remember the old days when a merchant lived above his store. I actually do. There was a small grocery called Eddie's Red & White a corner from my grandmother's house. Eddie and the Mrs. lived upstairs. I want to write a book about that memory someday. But that is another story.
Anyway, there is a nifty little commercial and residential duplex just steps off Duval at 510 Fleming Street. The commercial space downstairs is about 390 square feet. The upstairs residential is a 410 square foot apartment. The property is now listed at $595,000 or just $735 per sq ft. The zoning is HRCC3. CLICK HERE for more pics and info on this little piece of yesteryear.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Don't Ask. Don't Tell. Doesn't Apply in Key West...
- What you can buy for $500,000 or less
- 313 William Street -- Old Town Mansion
- Key West Investment Property
- Keys in the News--Again
- Cujo OREO
- Cheap Seats
- Key West Waterfront Single Family Home
- 1110 Curry Lane
- Sweet William Cottage
- Harbour Place
- 510 Fleming Street -- Commercial Deal
- 730 Passover Lane Key West, Florida
- Pessimism Be Damned!
- Kill all the lawyers
- Membership has its rewards
- 1101 Fleming Street
- Great Old Town Location
- Key West Home Sales in October
- ▼ November (21)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.