Thursday, November 15, 2007
The sweetest cottage in the very best Old town location!!! This circa 1887 conch classic has a wonderful outdoor covered porch with private garden and bricked driveway. There are extensive architectural plans for the renovation of this home which are included in this price.
The cottage is only 753 square feet at present, but it sits on a large 4560 square foot lot (46' x 100') so there is ample room for expansion. The present cottage has 2 bedrooms and one bath and is priced at $879,000 or $1,167 per sq ft. That price may seem high for today's market, but this cottage at 608 William Street really has what second home buyers look for in a Key West home: location, charm, and room to expand. CLICK HERE for more info and pictures.
CLICK HERE to see the next door neighbor's house. This house is a Key West landmark and has been in the same family for ages. The owner is an older woman who has no intention in selling, and the house will pass to her son at some future time. Broadway impresario Jerry Herman renovated a neighboring home a few years back. CLICK HERE to view.
CLICK HERE to search the Key West Association of Realtor's mls listings. Then call Gary Thomas at 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing of 608 William or any other property in Key West. There may be cute little conch cottage in your future.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Don't Ask. Don't Tell. Doesn't Apply in Key West...
- What you can buy for $500,000 or less
- 313 William Street -- Old Town Mansion
- Key West Investment Property
- Keys in the News--Again
- Cujo OREO
- Cheap Seats
- Key West Waterfront Single Family Home
- 1110 Curry Lane
- Sweet William Cottage
- Harbour Place
- 510 Fleming Street -- Commercial Deal
- 730 Passover Lane Key West, Florida
- Pessimism Be Damned!
- Kill all the lawyers
- Membership has its rewards
- 1101 Fleming Street
- Great Old Town Location
- Key West Home Sales in October
- ▼ November (21)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.