Monday, December 8, 2008
Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
Two Bank Owned units at the Key West Sunset Marina were listed for sale on the exact same day last week. Both are on the same floor but each is located in a different building in the same complex and one is slightly larger than the other. I'll leave to the reader to decide if you find either of the two Bank Owned properties to be a "deal". I know some reader is already to proclaim nothing is a deal in Key West. But for those willing to look and consider, your opinion may be different.
Sunset Marina is located on the western edge of Stock Island, the island just before Key West if you are traveling by car. Stock Island has trailer parks, tattoo parlors, a Burger King, a great Mexican restaurant, a community golf course, a bunch of cheap condos, the County Jail, a trash transfer station, the impressive Sunset Marina itself with slips both small and large, and four relatively new and structurally solid condominiums developed in conjunction with the marina.
The four buildings were built in 2001. The private entry is gated and beautifully landscaped. All units are accessed for an exterior open air balcony that looks towards what locals call "Mount Trashmor". That is a now defunct landfill that has been landscaped. It is there forever and if that bothers you, don't read further.
The units are all pretty much the same as far as layout and size. Units located higher in the building or further toward the west tend to be priced higher. But pricing of real estate is pretty much a locational consideration in most sales isn't it.
5603 College Road, Unit 303 C is bank owned and is offered at $479,900 or $449 per sq ft. CLICK HERE to see more photos and info on this unit. Don't let the photos dissuade you from looking. The views are incredible.
5601 College Road, Unit C 303 is also bank owned. It has 1024 sq ft and is offered at $399,000 or $390 per sq ft. CLICK HERE for more info on this unit. Sorry, the listing Realtor forgot to include photos.
CLICK HERE to take a quick look at all of the units currently available at Sunset Marina Condominiums. If you are looking for a deal, perhaps one of the two bank owned units may work for you. Another unit is offered as a short sale, so you might get lucky and get a sweet deal on that unit. But there are a couple of penthouse units that may lure you to the top floor. The views at Sunset Marina are what would-be buyers dream about. The complex has a beautiful pool, a clubhouse, covered parking for your car and golf cart. That comes in handy because the Key West golf course is located right across the street. But your house doesn't get hit by errant golf balls. If you have a boat, the marina is the perfect Key West spot to make your second home.
If you would like to see one of the bank owned units (or any other property), please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (129)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.