Thursday, January 15, 2009
Last year I wrote about HGTV's Dream Home giveaway in the Florida Keys. The dream house is located on Plantation Key near Islamorada, Florida. CLICK HERE to read what I wrote then if interested.
The Monroe County public records show the purchase price attributed to the property was $2,000,000 when title transferred in June 2008. I have been wondering whatever happened to the property but I was too busy to care enough to look. Until yesterday. I got an email asking about the house.
In my blog last year I said "Enter to win. Be careful, you may win and get to pay taxes on it. And be stuck owning a very expensive home in the wrong location." Well, that was partly tongue-in-cheek and partly how I really feel. Winners of big prizes like the HGTV Dream House have to pay income tax on the prizes and also get to pay the annual property taxes and other costs of ownership. It isn't cheap owning an expensive ocean front home in the Florida Keys. So it was no surprise to see that the Florida Keys Dream House is now offered for sale at $2,300,000 - down from the original asking price of $2,590,000. The house went on the market July 23, 2008, a little over one month after title changed hands.
CLICK HERE to see how the listing Realtor describes this property. If you are looking for a dream house in the Florida Keys, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm not drivng to Plantation Key to find a dream house. There are plenty of them right here in Key West. But I can refer you to a Realtor that lives way far away up there...
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2014 (218)
- ► 2013 (238)
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (256)
- ► 2010 (238)
- 707 Washington Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 614 Frances Street - Key West - Short Sale
- The Grand Dame - 1307 Truman Avenue Key West
- 628 William Street - Old Town - Key West Elegance...
- Cigar Maker Cottages Galore - Key West
- The Road to Recovery
- Beep! Beep! Beep! - The Sound of Key West Foreclos...
- 1400 1st Street - MidTown - Key West
- No Brainer Loans
- 825 Ashe Street - Old Town - Key West
- Class Warfare - Key West
- Key West Short Sales to Dream About
- HGTV Florida Keys Dream Home - Part Deux
- Duval Square Townhome - Key West - Short Sale
- Bank Owned Properties - Key West
- Just Listed 1212 Olivia Street - Key West
- 1118 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- The Elegance of Living Well...
- 623 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Palmera - Grand Casa Marina Estate - Key West...
- Even Bert's Looking in Key West
- 912 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 2008 - The Year in Real Estate in Key West, Florid...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.