Monday, February 2, 2009
You know you are getting old when houses that were built when you were a kid are now considered old and chic. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
This is how the listing Realtor describes 2026 Seidenberg in the Mid Town area of Key West: "This exquisite Mid 20th Century Modern designer home was awarded the Star for its 2004 rehabilitation by the Historic Florida Keys Foundation. Featuring 3 bedrooms & 2 baths this home has many fine touches such as bamboo, river rock, terrazzo, & Brazilian flagstone floors creating a wonderful contrast with the angular lines & modern influence created by the highly renowned Colombian architect, owner. The kitchen has custom cabinetry, honed-slate counter tops, stainless appliances, wine cooler, & reverse osmosis water purifier. There are impact resistant windows & doors. Like an oasis with the coral stone waterfall flowing into the black lagoon pool overlooking the dining pavilion with contemporary Arabian style tenting."
Preserving the post-war modernism of this mid-century, mid-town gem was foremost in mind for this renovation and addition. Features such as terrazzo floors, casement windows, as well as the furnishings reflect the period and the spirit of the home. The upstairs addition includes a master bedroom and bath and appears as original to the house.
CLICK HERE for more detailed information and photos of this very thoughtfully designed home. The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 1500 sq ft of living area under roof. It sits on a nice corner lot of 5000 sq ft. There is a terribly expensive bamboo fence that gives the yard both privacy and distinction. The asking price is now $845,000 or $563 per sq ft.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.