Thursday, February 5, 2009
Some people dream of moving to Key West so that they can live in one of those cute little Quintessential Key West Cottages that all Key West Realtors like to tout. I have reported on many such casas. Other potential buyers seem to feel they need more space and want big grand houses like they owned up north in America. Some people want to live close to the action near Duval Street and others want to be in the Casa Marina Area so they can be near the beaches. Yet others want to live on a quiet lane away from it all. The house at 6 Lopez Lane may be the home of your dreams if living life on a slow lane in Key West is your dream.
This is how the listing Realtor describes 6 Lopez Lane: "Elegant and Luxurious newly renovated historic home on a quiet lane in Old Town Key West. High end finishes including crown molding, Dade county pine walls, high, vaulted ceilings and open floor plan make this a wonderful home for Key West living. Tucked away behind tropical foliage and with an incredible location, this home has it all. Bright and airy rooms, chef's kitchen, huge master suite with split bedroom floor plan. Gorgeous pool surrounded by lush palm trees, Brazilian Ipe decking and privacy galore. Off- street parking for 2 vehicles. An Elegant Oasis in One of The Best Neighborhoods of Old Town Key West."
You need a map to find this place. If you have not been there you would not know where it is. It is like many of the houses on the little lanes that populate Old Town--tourists can't find them. You won't see Conch Trains or Trolleys filled with tourists with Kodaks taking pictures. (That's a hoot: shows you how old I am!)
This is not a house for the owner who wants everybody to see his or her house because it is not possible. The listing Realtor got it right when he said "privacy galore". This is house for the person who wants a real sweet house that is "done" and located near everything, but not in the midst of everything. If you lived at 6 Lopez Lane you would have a two minute walk to the Historic Key West Seaport. There are some great shops and lots of great eateries there in addition to the marina. If you lived at 6 Lopez Lane you could walk to Duval Street in about five minutes. I always seem to talk about walking to places in terms of minutes. I don't know why. Time really doesn't matter that much when you live life on a slow lane. I guess it's a leftover from when I lived in a big city and had lots of appointments and important stuff to do.
CLICK HERE to read more information on 6 Lopez Lane and see up to 14 photos. The house has 2086 sq ft and sits at the end of Lopez Lane on a 4626 sq ft lot. There are 3 bedrooms and 3 full baths plus a half bath. There is a killer pool (I've been in it!) And this place is just magical. The asking price is $1,499,000 or $719 per sq ft.
If you are looking for some much deserved privacy and a really sweet place to call home, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.