Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I told you so.......
This blog entry is for you disbelievers and prophets of doom and gloom, more toil and more trouble. It is also for you dreamers who want to buy a place in Key West but who fear that we are not at the bottom of the market.
I thought it would be interesting to see how many properties that I have mentioned in my little blog have actually closed since January 1, 2009. I used the Key West mls database and found that there were 46 closings to 8:30 AM today, February 18.
Here then are the houses that got away:
5601 College Road, Unit C 303 that sold for $399,000. CLICK HERE to see the unit. This sale may actually be good news for you undecided buyers. Unlike the other houses below, there are more of this same type of unit for sale now. This sale probably set the current watermark on pricing at this location. I know some don't like the location. Don't go there to look then. But the buildings are about 15 years newer than 1800 Atlantic and all have direct water views from the balcony with no noise from any nearby road.
525 Margaret Street, hidden Old Town two story house thoughtfully redone. Originally priced at $699,000 and sold for $500,000. CLICK HERE to see this beautiful home.
701 Elizabeth Street right at the top of Solares Hill that sold for an incredible price of $695,000. (Originally priced at $1,579,000.) CLICK HERE to see what you missed dearies.
3 Pinder Lane Old Town. This is absolutely one of the sweetest places I have ever been in my life. I loved this cottage. Everybody I showed it to loved it. It did not have parking, the bedrooms and baths were small, but this place is just magical. CLICK HERE to see the house that originally was offered at $1,390,000 and that sold for $900,000.
716 Olivia Street the Arts & Crafts house that needed just a wee bit of finishing sold in just about one day after a bank foreclosed its mortgage. The original asking price was $2,895,000. The bank owner asked $999,999 and it sold for $1,025,126. CLICK HERE and weep.
With the exception of the condo at Sunset Marina I think you would agree that each of the houses whether big or small is unique. They don't make any more of them. When they are gone, they are gone.
If you are looking for a place in Key West please consider using me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. Let me help you find your place in Paradise. Don't live your life regretting what you could have done. Do it.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Everbody's Talking! 924 Flagler Avenue - Casa Mar...
- 615 Grinnell Strret (Rear) - Old Town - Key West
- Bank Owned - Heart of Old Town - Key West
- 1114 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 2
- 1130 Royal Street - Key West - Buy It Before It To...
- 708 Passover Lane - Old Town - Key West
- I told you so.......
- Key West Condo & Townhouse Short Sales - 1
- 825 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 610 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1401 Pine Street - Key West - Former Home of a Lit...
- Key West - Open House Event - Sunday 12-4 PM
- 6 Lopez Lane - Old Town - Key West
- 1221 Margaret Street - Key West
- 2026 Seidenberg - Key West - Mid Century Modern
- January Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.