Friday, March 27, 2009
Attention Bargain Hunters: At Home in Key West just listed 1018 Thompson Lane, Old Town, Key West, Florida at the asking price of $600,000 or $526 per sq ft for this 2 bed two bath 1140 sq ft house with a cocktail pool and off street parking. Best yet is the fact that this property is a Short Sale. A short sale means the seller is offering to sell the property for less than the amount the seller owes to lenders on condition that the lenders agree to accept the lesser amount as full payment on the amount owed.
Where, pray tell, is Thompson Lane? you ask. It runs parallel between Eaton and James Street (east-west) for one block. It intersects Grinnell Street on the west and Francis Street or the back end of Manley deBoer Lumber Company at the east. Thompson Lane is only one block long. It's a very narrow little lane that the tourists on Mopeds will surely miss. And no Conch Train will ever pass by this abode.
Finnegan's Wake is a mere 30 second stroll to the west. And the Historic Key West Seaport is maybe a two minute walk. The Waterfront Market is down there so you will never be short of fresh fish and veggies. Duval Street is a five minute walk so you can get to your favorite restaurant or other libation destination without having to drive a car or remember where you left your bike or scooter.
1018 Thompson Lane has been rented as a monthly vacation rental. So if you are looking to purchase a place that can legally be rented as such, this place may meet your needs. The website that offers this property as a monthly rental describes the property this way: "A little slice of paradise located only one block from the historic seaport and close enough to bike to all the sites and attractions of old town. The Key Lime Pie is located on a small narrow lane that is a secret from even many of the locals in Key West.
This house has been lovingly refurbished with updated kitchen cabinets, countertops, appliances, a brand new downstairs bathroom and new hardwood floors on the first floor. Also on the first floor you will find the living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. On the second floor is the second bedroom and bathroom. Off of the living room is a cozy deck where you can bask in the swim-spa or relax reading a book. You will have one parking space for a smaller SUV or compact car. Sleeps 4."
CLICK HERE for more details and lots of pics of 1018 Thompson Lane.
If you are interested in seeing 1018 Thompson Lane or any other property in Key West please consider using me, Gary Thomas, to help you find just the right place. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. We are the exclusive Key West affiliate of Christie's Great Estates. Call me at 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.