Thursday, March 26, 2009
The sharp Key West Conch Cottage at 712 Southard just had a price reduction. The new asking price is $899,000. The house was extensively remodeled a couple of years ago so everything is in very good condition in my opinion. I have hosted two open houses at the property and have had time to poke around a bit. My observations later.
The listing Realtor describes 712 Southard Street thus: "Location!Location!Location! Just two blocks from Duval Street, sits this beautifully appointed shotgun on the best block in Key West. Two nice size bedrooms and bathrooms, great new kitchen with cathedral ceiling that opens to the glass tiled kidney shaped heated pool surrounded by tropical landscaping."
The house is 1026 sq ft according to Monroe County tax records and sits on a 2259 sq ft lot just two blocks from Duval Street. There is no off street parking, but the other properties in the area are single family homes with no commercial activity nearby. I often suggest that second home buyers consider renting a car when in Key West rather than owning one and then having to pay thousands of extra dollars just to have a guaranteed parking space. When you consider the cost of owning a car and add in insurance and depreciation, you gotta be loaded to have a second car in Key West. You can rent a brand new convertible every time you come to your home in Paradise. It will be cheaper, dear reader.
The bedrooms at 712 Southard Street are located in the front of the house. The living room is next and the kitchen (a sawtooth addition with vaulted ceiling) is at the rear. It opens onto the large deck and very good sized pool. The gardens are beautiful and very serene. The pool get plenty of sunshine and the neighbors cannot see the pool, so what happens in your pool area stays in your pool area.
If you are looking for a house in Old Town with at least two bedrooms and two baths and that has a pool CLICK HERE to see the other properties priced $899,000 or lower. 712 Southard Street beats many of the properties on several levels, but the potential buyer is the best judge of what works at what price.
CLICK HERE for more detailed information on this sharp Key West Conch House and lots of photos of the interior and exterior.
If you would like to see 712 Southard Street or any other property offered for sale in Key West, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty Inc., an affiliate of Christie's Great Estates.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (242)
- Dazed & Confused over Short Sales?
- 1209 Olivia Street - Back on the Market - Again!
- Peace in the Middle East of Key West - Short Sale
- 1018 Thomspon Lane - Old Town - Key West - Short ...
- Price Reduction - 712 Southard Street - Old Town K...
- 415 Amelia Street - Old Town - Key West Cottage
- Just Listed: 602 Southard St. Old Town Key West
- 3533 Flagler Avenue - Bank Owned - Key West
- 821 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Kid Friendly in Key West
- You do the Math - Key West Potential Deals
- 1122 Seminary Street - Casa Marina Area - Key West...
- 25 years ago this week
- 614 Greene Street - Old Town - Key West
- Key West House Hunters - Part Two
- Key West House Hunters - Tonight on HGTV
- 921 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pssst! I've got a Deal for You!
- Let's Do the Fifties Over Again
- 1731 Bahama Drive - Key West
- 1015 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Open Hou...
- The Key West Garden Cottage
- Open House(s) Sunday - Key West
- Fit for a Queen - 1215 Royal Street - Key West - B...
- Really BIG short Sale - 1307 Truman Avenue - Key W...
- 630 Elizabeth - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
- Invest in Key West
- February Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (172)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.