Wednesday, July 8, 2009
1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Key West Florida
There are a total of 14 units available for purchase at 1800 Atlantic Condominiums in Key West. The aerial photo above together with the photos of the pool and gardens ought to entice you to consider this oceanfront resort type property as a potential second home purchase. In addition to that fabulous Olympic sized pool and spa are the beach, three private tennis courts, garage parking, on sight property management, and 24 hour security. 1800 Atlantic is close to the Key West International Airport, Smathers Beach, and three shopping centers. It is quick jot down to Duval Street and all the craziness.
Smathers Beach is located about 60 seconds west of 1800 Atlantic. CLICK HERE, CLICK HERE, and CLICK HERE to see why it is so popular. At Smathers you and your friends can play volleyball, participate in all kinds of water sports, or just work on that killer tan.
CLICK HERE to checkout the two (only two remain) SHORT SALE units. However, there are 12 other units still available. CLICK HERE to view the remaining 12units. It is really important to read the listing Realtors comments. Many of these units have TRANSIENT RENTAL LICENSES which means you can rent the unit on a daily basis, everyday, for 365 days per year. Some units may be rented as VACATION RENTALS which is different. The City of Key West allows owners to rent a unit one time per month for up to days to one vacationer. The renter can stay one day, one week, or all month. But the unit can only be rented one time during that month. So having a Transient Rental License might make your rental of a unit more profitable than having a unit that only permits use as a vacation rental.
There are three other important factors to note. Each factor may influence pricing and value. (1) Location. Look at the aerial photo again. Note that the road to and from the airport (Bertha Street a/k/a South Roosevelt Blvd.) runs adjacent to Building "C". Most units that front Bertha Street are priced a little less expensively than other locations. Units that have the best views are usually priced higher. Units on the top floor have vaulted ceilings so they may seem larger. (2) Remodeled. Some units are "virgin" and look the same today as when they were built over 20 years ago. Others have been remodeled. Some have been tastefully redone. And some less so. (3) Transient License. The existence of a Transient License does not in itself me you will make money right away. Some units have dormant licenses that the owners maintain to preserve the license, but have not used. If you want to make money, you need to consider buying a unit that has a rental history. Please note that most units are 1357 sq feet in size. However, a few units are larger. So compare size, because size matters in real estate just as it does in real life.
Only two units have actually sold and closed at 1800 Atlantic as of today. CLICK HERE to see those units. But there are three units under contract right now. The number of available units is pretty large. There may be some sellers getting a little anxious to sell what with the dog days of summer and potential storms heading this way.
If you are thinking of buying a second home in Key West and want to have it help pay for itself, please consider using me, Gary Thomas, to be your Realtor. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties in Key West. You can reach me at 305-766-2642 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- Major Casa Marina Short Sales - Key West Florida
- What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life? Will You...
- 922 Thomas Street - Bahama Village - Key West
- 1115 Georgia Street - Key West - Priced to Sell
- Shangri-La in the Florida Keys - SOLD
- Will "History" Repeat Itself ----- 1124 Wil...
- 3632 Sunrise Drive - Key West, Florida
- 809 Sawyer Alley - Old Town - Key West
- Snap! Thud! Ouch ! ! !
- 1717 Atlantic Boulevard - Key West, Florida
- 1019 Flagler Avenue - The Big House - Key West
- 726-728 United Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums - Key West Florida
- 917 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1124 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Bank Own...
- "What door's will open for you?"
- 731 Waddell Avenue - Casa Marina area - Key West
- June 2009 - Key West - Real Estate Sales
- Just Listed - 814 Carey Lane - Old Town - Key West...
- ▼ July (19)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.