Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Just listed, but not by me, 3 Aster Terrace in Key West's bedroom community of Key Haven. This is the area where many of the local Key West business owners and professionals live. Just about every house is located on a canal. And so it is with 3 Aster Terrace. Most of the houses were constructed in the 60's and 70's and many of those have been renovated. A large number of new "showy" homes were built at the north end of Key Haven at the beginning of this decade. Those houses are large and grand and pretty pricey. If you watched The Real World on MTV during 2005 you would know that the house the kids lived in was located on Key Haven.
I showed 3 Aster Terrace last week, the same day it was listed. The place is very clean for a Bank Owned property. The listing agent told me the bank is going to do some additional painting to spiff the place up a bit more. The house was built in 1960 and renovated in 2007. The listing Realtor describes the house this way:
"Bank Owned! Large Key Haven home with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, with one bedroom and bath that could be used as a mother-in-law unit or lockout. Renovated in 2007, some of the upgrades include kitchen with stainless appliances and maple cabinetry, new plumbing, new electric, impact resistant windows, and recessed lighting. Excellent floor plan with living room, den, dining room, and Florida room. Key Haven is a waterfront community located just minutes away from Old Town Key West. Excellent boating access to Gulf and Atlantic waters."
CLICK HERE to read more detailed info on this house and view some good exterior and interior photos. There is a white picket fence in front set off by off street parking. The photos of the interior do this house justice. The rooms are good sized. There are real closets. The windows and doors are impact glass which means you do not need shutters. This 3 bed 3 bath home has 2272 sq ft of living space and sits on a 6000 sq ft lot. The entire rear of the property backs onto a canal. This house is priced at $599,000 or $264 per sq ft.
This house could be a good deal for a family that plans to live in Key West full time or for a second home owner that wants a place provides water access. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing of this Bank Owned property.
Houses like this are selling quickly these days. Don't assume that because it is for sale today that it will be around tomorrow. Let me help you find your home in Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (100)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- 1019 Flagler Avenue - Casa Marina Area - Key West
- 511 Frances Street - Old Town - Key West
- 907 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Key West
- 615 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- 639 United Street - Key West Charmer !
- Bank Owned - 1318 Duncan Street - Key West
- Let's Celebrate!
- Shark Key - Bank Owned - Waterfront
- 809 Washington Street - Casa Marina Area - Short S...
- Don't Be a Cry Baby!
- Opportunity Knocks - 1317 Reynolds Street - Key We...
- 815 Eaton Street - Old Town - Key West - Short Sal...
- Casa Louisa - 622 Louisa Street - Key West Charmer...
- 906 Johnson Street - Casa Marina Estate - Short Sa...
- La Casa Roja - 1403 Catherine Street - Historic Ke...
- Keep It Simple, Cuz!
- 1218 Varela Street - Key West - Foreclosure
- 1709 George Street - Short Sale - Key West
- 1039 Buttonwood East - Sugarloaf Key - Waterfront ...
- 3 Aster Terrace - Key Haven Canal Property - Key W...
- 3810 Flagler Avenue - Key West Waterfront
- September 2009 Real Estate Sales - Key West
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.