Friday, May 14, 2010
To quote Andrew's Idea CLICK HERE "In Alfred Hitchcock’s world, nothing is more certain than death and attempts to cover up death." The author then goes on to explain that in The Trouble With Harry Hitchcock maintains his "critique of depraved humanity throughout the film, demonstrating uncannily the truth that he who hates his neighbor is guilty of murder. " But it is this line that makes The Trouble With Harry germain to today's blog about the cute little house at 915 Angela Street that is located directly across the street from the Key West Cemetery: "Turn away from death, and it’s as if it isn’t there."
You will either love 915 Angela Street or you will hate it. Oh, you'll love the house. There's nothing not to like about the house. It's the neighbors.
Let me tell you about the neighbors. The house next door to the west sits at the corner of Margaret and Angela Streets. CLICK HERE to view this incredible Key West property. The neighbors to the rear are a couple of very large homes accessed off Canfield Lane. The neighbor to the east is a nice house at the corner of William and Angela. Angela Street is a one way street that runs from Margaret eastward to White Street. It is just one lane wide. Across Angela Street is the Key West Cemetery. CLICK HERE to see the view from 915 Angela looking directly toward the cemetery. If you are concerned about flooding remember that the cemetery is near the highest point on the island. The big skies and bright sunshine from across the street will never be built upon nor will the neighbors to the west or east. The view that you see today is the view for eternity. Knowing the future in real estate is not necessarily a bad thing.
The cemetery bothers the hell out of a lot of potential buyers.Some people refuse to even look at houses anywhere near the cemetery. I guess I understand. Maybe it has some of that "Turn away from death, and it’s as if it isn’t there" going on.
This is why I really like 915 Angela Street. First, the place is really nicely laid out for Key West second home living. It is large enough for a couple that has a small family or friends that may drop in for an occasional visit. There are three bedrooms and two baths. The living room opens on the east to a beautiful pool. The living room also opens to the left onto a secluded deck with a hot tub. The master bedroom and bath also open onto that same deck. There is an incredibly sexy outdoor shower tucked away to the side. A second bedroom is located at the right front of the the house. The kitchen and dining area complete the main floor. There is a decent sized third bedroom or office on the second floor. There is enough separation between the rooms to provide the kind of privacy you don't see in many Key West houses. There are two separate off street parking spaces each of which is bricked. The house is just as cute as it can be. This 1350 sq ft home is offered at $998,000. The view from the front porch or the master bedroom looking south across the cemetery changes with each passing cloud. The view is the exact opposite of what you would expect. CLICK HERE to checkout the listing info and to view more photos of the home.
This place is super quiet. If you have seen this home before it's time for a second look. The owners have made some recent changes. If you are looking for a quiet little place and don't mind the neighborhood, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or by e-mail me at email@example.com. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- 1130 Royal Street - Bank Owned - Old Town -Key Wes...
- 1800 Atlantic Condominium Penthouse Short Sale
- You Just Gotta See 1106 Packer - Key West
- 1014 Elgin Lane - Key West Old Town Charmer !
- 527 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- Casa Marina Retreat - 1128 Johnson Street - Key We...
- 1432 Virginia Street - Really Big Short Sale - Key...
- 1120 Packer Street - Key West
- 915 Angela Street - Key West - A Homage to The Tro...
- 1318 Petronia Stree - The Meadows Area - Key West
- 1419 Eliza Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1226 Seminary - Key West - Bank Owned
- The Best Buy in Old Town - Key West !
- 712 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- 1305 Reynolds Street - Short Sale - Casa Marina Ar...
- Affordable, Adorable, Doable! Southpark Condo - Ke...
- 1012 Southard Street - Old Town Premier Location -...
- April 2010 Real Estate Sales in Key West
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.