Friday, February 11, 2011
The Love Shack - Key West
Key West is filling with people who return every year during Valentine's weekend. It's appropriate that this little love shack just got listed, but not by me. It is a really cute and very tiny little love shack (okay, it's really a Key West Cottage) at 817 Pearl Street in the Meadows Area of Old Town Key West. CLICK HERE for a GOOGLE MAP view of the location and street view of the immediate area. See the photos below that I took of the cute houses across the street. Let me tell you this is one cute block. Nothing commercial in this area. Bayview Park is just a couple of blocks to the south. Duval Street is a 10-15 minute walk to the west.
Now for full disclosure, I have not been inside yet but I did speak with the current vacation tenant who came outside to ask why I was taking photos of the house. He said he loved the place and the location. There, you have it. End of discussion.
This 400 sq ft cottage is just one bedroom. It is so small that you actually enter the cottage through the bedroom which is located in front. The living room, kitchen and bath follow at the rear. There is a small deck area at the rear. The lot itself is 23' wide by 50' deep. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls listing data and listing photo on this property.
By the way, the same owner is offering the adjacent larger corner lot home at 1501 Olivia Street at just $700,000. The two properties would make a great compound for someone seeking a bigger old home with a large lot, a pool, off street parking plus a guest cottage. Each property can be purchased separately. CLICK HERE to see the Olivia Street property.
817 Pearl Street would be perfect for the couple that wants a tiny getaway place far from the madness of Duval but still located within walking or biking distance of all the great things we expect in Key West. And here's the best part, this place is offered at just $250,000. This is not a short sale. This property will probably be under contract within a matter of days, if not hours. It won't appeal to most, but to the few who want something small and romantic, this may be your new love shack in Key West.
I'm serious about this Dear Readers, don't wait. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305.766.2642 if you are interested in seeing this property or making an offer. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West, Florida.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- 321 Grinnell Street - Old Town - Key West
- Harbour Place Condo - Key West Waterfront
- 1107 Fleming Street - Old Town - Key West
- 712 Elizabeth Street - Hidden Treasure in Old Town...
- President's Walk - Truman Annex - Key West
- Open House - Today - 418 Porter Lane - Key West
- Papa's Hideaway and other things...
- Won't You Be My Neighbor ? 1424 Whalton Street - ...
- 1501 Olivia Street - The Meadows Area - Key West
- Key West - The Cure for VD*
- 1327 White Street - Key West - Open House - Sunday...
- The Love Shack - Key West
- 846 Olivia Street - Old Town - Key West
- 212 Angela Street - Old Town - Key West
- Open House - Sunday - 507 Amelia Street - Key West...
- 233 Southard Street - Old Town - Key West
- Bargain Quest in Old Town Key West
- Cool.... in Key West !
- 820 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Stop! Quit Waiting! Bank Owned - Key West
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.