Wednesday, July 13, 2011
912 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owned
The new listing at 912 Windsor Lane will be under contract within a couple of days because it has so many of the features many second home buyers look for in a potential Key West property including three bedrooms, two baths plus a half bath, vaulted ceiling in the living area, a private pool, and off street parking. You would never guess this house would have a pool or parking if you view it from the street. But it and the other similar old Conch cottages on Windsor Lane share a common entrance off Olivia Street where owners enter their homes from the rear instead of from Windsor Lane.
The house is a comfortable 1342 sq ft of living space that sits on a 26' x 100' lot. A previous listing of this property described the house this way: "Totally private Key West indoor/outdoor living space behind a historic facade. Open kitchen/great room with French doors opening to a deck with both sun and shade."
As I recall this place will need some fix-up. And I am confident the pool and property do not look as good today as they did when the above photos of the pool and rear yard were taken. Pools and yards can be cleaned. Repairs can be made and broken things can be fixed or replaced. Having a pool in place and parking in such a great location is worthy of serious consideration.
St. Mary's Catholic Church is located up at the corner of Windsor Lane at Truman Avenue. Duval Street is just a four three block walk walk to the west. There are numerous gyms, yoga studios, and neighborhood shops and services within a few blocks of this location. But it is the nearness to all of the Old Town area that makes this location so very appealing.
912 Windsor Lane is Bank Owned and offered for sale at the asking price of $299,900. If you are interested in seeing this property or any other property in Key West, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I am a buyer's agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. in Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (123)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- Very Affordable Key West Condo - Bank Owned
- Key West and The Hundred Dollar House...
- Easy Living in the Casa Marina Area
- Artist's Retreat - 809 Virginia Street - Key West...
- 1301 Whitehead Street - Key West - Papa's "Other" ...
- 1017 17th Street - Key West - Bank Owned
- 1517 Washington - east Casa Marina Area - Key West...
- Enchanting 1325 South Street - Casa Marina Area - ...
- 1320 Angela Street - Meadows Area Duplex - Short S...
- The Projects of Key West
- 820 Terry Lane - Key West - Bank Owned
- If You Build It, They Will Come!
- 912 Windsor Lane - Old Town - Key West - Bank Owne...
- Pied-à-Terre por Vous? - Bank Owned - Key West
- Key West Beach Club - Sunrise to Sunset Waterfront...
- 1217 Newton Street - Key West
- 1012 Southard Street - Premier Old Town Location -...
- 518 Elizabeth Street - Old Town - Short Sale
- On the Waterfront - Key West
- Happy 4th of July!
- Life on Poorhouse Lane - It Ain't a Bitch!
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.