Wednesday, November 9, 2011
1216 Knowles Lane - Key West
I just listed the charming two bedroom two bath cottage home at 1216 Knowles Lane. The owner mentioned that a couple of years ago he had to go up to the corner at United Street to repaint the street sign that designates Knowles Lane so that it would be visible to the world. It seems that a FedEx delivery driver had been walking around United Street banging on doors trying to find Knowles Lane. My muse was not imagined. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property.
Knowles Lane is located one and one-half blocks west of White Street. An old white cinder block fence marks the west edge of the tiny lane. Click GOOGLE MAP to get an aerial view of the location. The lane is only one block long and runs north and south from United Street to Catherine Street. The lane is narrow but cars are permitted. Parking is impossible on the lane so I suggest you park either on United or Catherine and walk to your destination.
1216 Knowles Lane is a sweet cottage home that sits behind a privacy fence. A good sized yard invites you to the property.Part of the reason people move to Key West is to have outdoor space. This home has space, sunshine, shade, and abundant serenity that emanate from the cloistered garden and move through the house. Inside you will find two bedrooms, two baths, a nice sized kitchen and dining area that expands into the office. The dining area has a vaulted ceiling with skylights that bring diffused sunshine into the space. All of the rooms in this home look out to the garden except the office and it has a view of the rear side deck. The kitchen window lets the cook look out to the garden. The master bedroom has French doors that open outward to the garden beyond. There is a deck opposite the guest bedroom and another small deck adjacent to the laundry area. Another small deck at the back of the house permits you to go up to the rooftop deck where you can watch the fireworks that are shot off over at Higg's Beach. CLICK HERE to view a slide show of photos of this property.
1216 Knowles Lane is offered at $399,000. CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet on this property. Better yet, please give me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, to schedule a private showing. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc. If you want peace and quiet, think about living in a place so hidden the FedEx man needs directions to find you.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- 3529 Sunrise Drive - Key West - A Blast from the P...
- Pelican Landing - Key West Condo
- Key West Waterfront Townhome - Bank Approved Short...
- Estate Sale for the Serious Buyer - Key West
- Why I'm Thankful
- 1218 Pearl Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 1123 Von Phister Street - Casa Marina Area Cottage...
- Key Cove - Bank Owned Affordable Unit - Key West
- 1121 Watson Street - A Singluar Short Sale Sensati...
- Harbor Lodge - Key West Waterfront Condo
- 1410 Angela Street - The Meadows Area - Key West
- 1319 Newton Street - The Meadows Area - Key West
- Back to Nature - 811 Carey Lane - Key West
- 1216 Knowles Lane - Key West
- The "Good" Samaritan - 626 Samaritan Lane - Bank O...
- 1230 5th Street - Bank Owned - Key West
- 800 Fleming Street #A1 - Old Town -Key West
- ▼ November (17)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.